Let him go

* I attached a youtube video to to the right hand side of this page (Scroll down and press play) which seems like an appropriate song for this chapter :D *

*Dedicated to microdevil cause I love her for being so supportive and nice :D*

Colton and I spent the next few days trying to come up with a plan to achieve ultimate happiness. We’d tried going shopping until both our credit cards were maxed out. We’d tried painting my nails (his, technically) and doing my hair; and we’d tried pampering my feet. Nothing that usually made me happy was enough to change us back. I knew that it would have to be something to make me really happy, but there was nothing that would make me happy right now. Other than Colton. But he had currently set his Facebook status to ‘it’s complicated’. I should bloody well think so.

Colton groaned as he held his stomach, the ice cream on his spoon dripping down his shirt. I flung my legs over Colton’s lap and rested my head against the back of the bed, as I continued to watch the chick flick we’d settled on. Colton reached over and grabbed a half devoured packet of chocolate drops, before pulling my jaw open and pouring them inside.

“Nnggh, stop!” I moaned, trying to speak through the mouthful of chocolate.

“Eat happy food. Watch happy movie. Be happy!” Colton whined, letting his head drop against the pillow.

“I don’t think is working, Colton,” I moaned, sighing at our final, futile attempt to achieve ‘happiness’. Nothing said ‘happy’ like a teenage slumber party. Except we couldn’t actually invite actual slumber party guests because this shit was just weird. Colton and I had tried avoiding civilization as much as possible for the past two months; and stuck together just to stop ourselves from going crazy due to our antisocial behaviour.

“What else are we meant to do?!” Colton grumbled. I sighed before resting my head into his shoulder. Colton responded by wrapping his arm around me and I felt myself fall into a deep slumber. For the first time, a small part of me hoped that we never changed back. Because swapping back would mean that I would lose Colton.

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

I sighed as we made our way back to Colton’s house from school. Term had ended and it was finally spring break. Except neither of us felt like celebrating. All of our friends were off being drunk and getting laid whilst we sat at home in each other’s bodies. At least Colton could think of it as being inside a girl for more than two months. I’m sure that would give his ego a boost. That and the fact that he could tell his friends he had a vagina within reaching distance for over two months straight. Although a large part of me knew that Colton wasn’t the kind of guy to do that sort of thing anymore.

I sighed and pressed my head against Colton’s shoulder as we stared up at the ceiling. I couldn’t help but indulge in the position we’d both slipped into for the past few days. Ever since falling asleep in each other’s arms at the ‘slumber party’, Colton and I had been more than comfortable with cuddling each other while we lay in his bed after school. I don’t know how the tradition of lying in his bed started, but I liked it.

We used to sit in bed plotting ways to return each other’s bodies, but over time we had reclined in lying in bed, before progressing into full on cuddling. I smirked as Colton moved to get into a more comfortable position. I knew that guys didn’t usually liked to cuddle, but now that Colton was in my body, I could tell that he found it a lot more comfortable. Women’s bodies just find it more relaxed to be wrapped around a soft, squidgy person when they were in bed. I, of course, still enjoyed cuddling because it was a cranial stimulant instead of just a biological one. Secretly I was beginning to enjoy being in Colton’s body, because it meant that every day after school I could look forward to cuddling with him in bed.