Two girls, one boy

The next morning I opened my eyes and saw Colton sprawled diagonally across my body. I groaned and pushed him off, waking him up in the process, before drinking some water to negate the effects of the hangover.

I felt the images of last night flood into my mind and froze. I looked up at Colton, who seemed to be thinking the same thing as me.

“Last night was a mistake…” I stated hesitantly. I wanted it to be a question, but I didn’t want to deal with the rejection again. Colton nodded, before getting off the bed.

“Right… it was weird… I mean I was practically kissing myself…” Colton trailed off. I offered him a sheepish smile before heading towards the shower.

It was extremely awkward now that we had decided to shower each other, to prevent any genitalia groping.

*

Colton and I were lying in our infamous position on his bed, side by side, inches from touching as we stared at the ceiling.

“So the resort didn’t work,” Colton started.

“Right. Neither did the temple…”

“Maybe you just need to relax?” Colton mumbled. I frowned before propping myself up on my elbow and turning to look at him.

“What makes you think I’m not relaxed?” I argued. Colton rolled his eyes and turned to face me.

“I don’t know, maybe it’s the fact that I mentioned one little thing and you started an argument?” Colton sighed.

“You’re the one that started the argument!”

“There doesn’t need to be one!”

“Okay then!” I snapped, before getting off the bed and going to sit down on Colton’s computer chair opposite him.

Colton sighed again, before sitting up in bed and glancing at me.

“I didn’t mean it like that, Hailey. We need to stop arguing about every single little thing-”

“Well then maybe you shouldn’t be so offensive!” I spat, cutting him off.

“Maybe you shouldn’t be so offended?!” Colton shot back. I glared at him and snapped my jaws together, grinding my teeth for a moment as I thought of a reply.

“Colton, we can’t keep arguing like this. We’re like an old married couple.”

“Well at this rate, we will end up being around each other for so long that we’re gonna have to get married!”

“Well that was a less than anti-climactic proposal,” I mumbled, smirking slightly. Colton’s face broke into a grin, before we burst into laughter.

How was it that we could fight one second and then laugh with each other the next? Every emotion of mine was heightened around Colton. He didn’t bring out the worst or the best in me… he brought out the most. The most anger, the most passion, the most excitement.

“I didn’t mean you’re not relaxed. I mean just improving that aspects. Maybe you could go to a masseuse?” Colton suggested. I rolled my eyes.

“How exactly does this help me find purity?”

“Well… Han said that you’re not pure, but he didn’t say in what way. I mean we’ve been thinking it’s purity in the mind, but maybe he means my body? Maybe my body isn’t pure enough? I mean you get massages often and he didn’t point out anything wrong with your body, he just said that mine was impure. So maybe it’s the relaxation that I’m missing? With football season approaching right before we switched, and exams looming, I was getting pretty stressed out anyway. Maybe the impurity is physical?” Colton explained. I bit my lip and thought about it for a while.