I have your penis

I met Colton outside after breakfast; and we both made our way to school. These morning walks were becoming more and more uncomfortable. I wished it was the holidays just so we wouldn't have to spend so much bloody time together.

Actually, I just wished none of this happened in the first place. I couldn’t deny that whatever I felt towards Colton was becoming hopelessly magnified and I wanted to get away from him before it consumed me.

“Break time?” Colton asked as he pulled his books out of his locker. I nodded and walked away quickly.

*

I started walking towards my class, before I felt a hand tugging at me. My heart leaped as my mind jumped to the conclusion that it would be Colton. Turning around, I was more than disappointed. It was Marissa.

“What do you want?” I snapped, surprised by my attitude. Why should I even be angry at her? She and Colton were no longer together.

I guess I was just upset because I knew that if it was up to Colton, he would still be her boyfriend. I wondered if he missed her.

“Colton I just wanted to talk to you…” Marissa mumbled. I clenched my jaws together and sighed, before walking with her. I wanted to hear whatever this hell-devil had to say so that I could get this over with.

“What?” I asked, leaning against the wall after we walked towards a deserted area in the school.

“I miss you,” she whispered, lacing her fingers into mine. I twitched and pulled away.

“I’m sorry that you do,” I muttered. Marissa’s lips pulled down as she watched me with teary eyes.

“I just don’t understand, Colton. It’s like you changed after you went to that wine cellar with Hailey,” she whined. Why did people keep saying that? I frowned as I watched her, trying to understand her logic. Why would she say that Colton changed after he went to the wine cellar? I thought he  changed the next morning, not straight after he was with me?

“What are you talking about? I didn’t change after the wine cellar.”

“Yes you did. You came back and you were distant. It was weird, Colton. Now, out of the blue, you break up with me and become best friends with Hailey?” She asked. I felt a smirk tug at my lips.

“Are you jealous of her?” I egged her on.

“Who? Hailey? No, why would I be? Colton I don’t care that you’re friends with her. That’s not the point. The point is that you’ve suddenly changed. I don’t mind change, I just don’t know why you broke up with me,” she whined miserably. I rolled my eyes.

“Look, Marissa, I just need to be alone,” I told her, before faltering. I couldn’t do this to Colton. “For right now,” I finished, sighing. Marissa looked up at me, her lower lip trembling.

“What does that mean?” she asked with a sad look of hope. I sighed, avoiding her eyes. The part that sucked the most was that she hadn’t expected any of this. Which meant that her relationship with Colton must have been pretty amazing.

“We should just take a break,” I sighed. Marissa bit her lip as she looked down sadly.

“I get it Colton. I can see that you’re going through something right now. You don’t have to push me away, but I understand if you want to deal with it on your own. Come back to me when you can,” she whispered, before pressing a kiss to my forehead and walking away.

I clenched my jaw angrily, holding back the tears. The way she treated Colton was the way he’d always treated her. They were in love, and I was the third wheel. I was the girl in the corner that lived to wreck things. I'm the jealous girl in the movies that wanted the boy who was busy being in love with the female protagonist. This wasn’t my love story. This was Marissa and Colton’s love story.