Naked adventures

Colton found me at break time and stepped in front of me to prevent me from walking away.

“What do you want Colton?” I snapped.

“I’m sorry Hailey. About everything. I know I’ve made it more difficult than it needs to be,” Colton sighed. I glared at him. “I came over yesterday to say that I found a monk,” Colton offered.

“Oh, really? Did you come over to show off about your amazing internet skills?” I snapped. We both stared at each other for a while before bursting into laughter. I admit, even for me, that sounded a bit ridiculous.

“I’m sorry,” Colton murmured before pulling me into a tight hug. I smiled as I pressed my chin to Colton’s shoulder. It felt nice that we’d progressed in our… friendship… far enough to hug each other often. Being near Colton felt nice. “We should go after school,” Colton told me softly and I nodded.

*

I sat cross legged, my eyes shut as I tried to clear my mind. Colton had driven me to the temple he’d found out about online and the monks had agreed to help me try to reach serenity. They began chanting in an unknown language, whilst I sat silently.

“Breathe deeply, in for ten seconds and out for ten seconds. Think about every part of your body. Try to be aware of what your body feels. Feel your mind being cleansed,” the monk whispered softly.

It wasn’t really helping. All he did was make me think about every part of my body, including my penis, which highly stressed me out. As for what my body feels – all I could concentrate on was my heart thumping loudly as I felt Colton move silently beside me. Even being a few inches away from him made me nervous. I breathed a little louder, trying to cleanse my mind like the monk had suggested.

Was it meant to feel itchy down there?

“And slowly open your eyes.”

My eyes fluttered open and I flinched as I saw Colton staring at me intently. He looked away quickly, staring at the monk instead.

“Do you feel peaceful?” The monk asked in a soft, slow voice. I hesitated before answering.

“Sure,” I lied. His mouth twitched, before he stared at me intently.

“I can see a deep, internal struggle within you.”

Here we go. Another Sensai Han speech.

“But you cannot move forward until you let go. Let go of the pain and the anger. Allow your body to feel what it wants to. Listen to your heart. Let your mind rest,” the monk insisted. I fought the urge to roll my eyes. If I let my heart feel what it wanted to feel, I’d be sitting on the floor crying at Colton’s constant rejection of me. I’d rather take my chances being an angry little child as opposed to a heartbroken adult.

We exited the temple shortly after that and Colton was silent for the car ride.

“What are you thinking about?” he asked me. I remained silent, unsure how to answer.

“Why do you ask?” I responded.

“You just… you seem to be holding onto something. Afraid of something. That’s what Han and the monk both said. You need to let it go, Hailey, or we’ll never return to our bodies,” Colton sighed. I looked down, knowing he was right. What was I supposed to do? Give up and admit that I liked someone who I knew I could never have? Was that meant to ‘cleanse my soul’ and return us to our rightful bodies?