19~Mikey & Shallan

Shallan has not been herself today. She hasn't left her room all day and the only time she said anything it was, "Back off." Something's not right. I walk down the hall to her room and knock on the door.

"Go. Away." I hear from inside.

"Shallan I just want to talk." the door opens.

"I said back off." she snaps.

"Shal-"

"Go away. Leave. Me. Alone." with that she slams the door in my face. I sigh. Great. Just great.  I run my fingers through my hair and groan. I walk back to the kitchen and make her a cup of coffee. I walk back down the hall and knock again.

"What is so hard to understand about go away?" she asks.

"I brought you coffee." She opens the door. She makes to grab the coffee.

"No coffee until I get an explanation." She sighs and lets me into her room. I cross the room and sit down on the bed. Shallan sits next to me.

"Today is my dad's birthday."

"I see. Did you take your meds?" she nods, "Shallan."

"No."

"Shallan you need to take them. They prevent this from happening."

"Why do you care?"

"Because you're my family and family generally cares about one another." 

"So?"

"So I want you to take your pills."

"It's my fucking life. Leave me alone. God." she snaps.

"See this? This is exactly the reason you need the meds."

"I am perfectly fine. Or I was until you walked in." I notice the bottle of pills sitting on the dresser. I hand her the mug and get up. I grab the pill bottle and take one from the bottle.

"Please take this."

"No."

"Why not?"

"Because I don't need it. I'm fine, okay?"

"No, it's not okay. Now take the fucking pill."

"No. It's my fucking life. Leave me the fuck alone." She stands and walks toward me.

"Not until you take the pill."

"Oh my god."

"Come on."

"No." she grabs my wrist and pulls towards the door.

"Please just take the fucking pill."

"Please just stop being a fucking dick."

"Take the goddamn pill."

"You can't make me."

"I will if have to." she slaps me across the face and then shoves me out the door. I'm in shock, but I still manage duck when she throws the mug after me. It shatters against the wall. Coffee and glass cover the floor. I blink and stare at the mess.

Shallan's POV*****Triggering subjects are mentioned!********

I slammed the door behind him and burst into tears. Not sad tears, but angry ones. I scream in frustration and pull on my hair. What is wrong with me? This isn't who I am. I was doing so much better. I-I need help. I need Ray. I open the door a crack. No one is in the hall. I walk quietly down to Mikey's bedroom. The door is open, Mikey isn't there. I walk in and try to find his phone. Tears cloud my vision, but eventually I find it on the nightstand. I hit a contact. I don't know which one because I can't see through my tears. I press the phone against my ear and wait while it rings.