Chapter 22

Fuck my head hurt so much. Ugh. I moaned aloud and rolled my head across my neck. I winced as that worsened the pain.

"Well finally the princess decided to give us her time of day and wake up!" I opened my crusty eyes and looked up into the eyes of Colby. Great. I knew we should have gone to Barbados. He came up to me and tipped my chin up so I was looking at him.

"Would you look at that, you got his eyes," His face leaned towards mine, "It's disgusting." He let go and harshly slapped my cheek. I tried not to wince, there was no way I was giving my parents' and potentially my murderer the satisfaction of seeing me in pain.

"Not going to say anything?" He sighed and brought me closer. "Well aren't you a pretty little thing? Just like your mother." His eyes shined with hatred at the mention of my mother.

"What's it to you?" I sneered. He didn't reply, but remained glaring at me. "You liked her didn't you?" I was just spitting words out at the moment, but from the slight flash of white in his obscured eyes I could tell that those words stabbed a spot.

"You loved her didn't you?" My eyes widened. I was not expecting this. I felt another flash of pain on my cheek. So it was true. I didn't know whether I should be disgusted or awwing at the pained look in his eyes.

"You know absolutely nothing." He raged out. "No shut that little mouth of yours before I decide to cut off your vocal chords because..." He grabbed a hold of my neck and his thumb and index finger sunk into the skin, "I am very capable of doing that."

"Why don't you kill me already if that's what you want." I spit back out. I was royalty around here. It wasn't just a thought, I could actually feel the maximized power rushing back and forth like adrenaline though my veins, arteries, capillaries, and straight to the heart. It heightened everyone of my senses and my muscles felt extremely tense. My previous headache had ended in seconds after I'd awakened. I was powerful here. Colby didn't seem to realize that. Lana 1, Colby 0.

"Because I need him first." I froze and he chuckled. "Don't think I haven't forgotten about your little lover." He dragged his dirty finger down my neckline and sunk it into the material covering the center and life force of my body, my heart. "As long as this black organ is beating he will come for you, oh don't look so shocked. You're the dark king's daughter of course you have a black heart."

"If my heart is black then your chest cavity must be vacant."

"I'm touched, that's the nicest thing anybody's ever said to me this century. Thank you." He returned his thanks with a swift punch to my cheek. He'd hit me with so much force my head hit the wooden wall behind me. The power in me could only stitch me back together at a minimum pace, so I was left in pain.

"That's where your running mouth will get you, now shut up."

"You can't tell me what to do." I gathered a lump of spit and shot it as his face. His arm slowly came up and swiped it off. In a swift move that was hard for even one who had 20/20 vision to see he grabbed my wrist and held it up. Wait 20/20 as in The 20/20 Experiance by Justin Timberlake. I really needed to get that album. Shit I'm in a deadly situation and I'm thinking about music, focus Lana.

"I think I can." He shot back as his ugly face advanced towards me.

"Yeah, well you don't bring sexy back!" Worst. Comeback. Ever.

Seriously I needed that album though.

"For your information I invented sexy," Understatement of the century.

"Well then it must be opposite day."

"Oh I've had enough of you." He quickly pulled a long sharp knife that would have a French chef gapping. He quickly dragged the tip down from my ear lobe to my jaw. I could feel the warm blood slowly pouring out as the skin cells started to stitch back together.