Chapter 7

EDITED 12/26/2013 9:15 pm

"What do you mean I'm next?" My voice was beginning to falter as my mind was running through all sorts of logical explanations for this situation. Why would somebody leave a feather? A feather out of all things. A message in blood would have made me feel better.

"You'll find out soon enough. Now come on Lana, it isn't safe for you to be here alone anymore." He held his inked arm out to me, I reached out, not really thinking about my movements. What was I going to do with the house? It was damaged beyond repair and we weren't doing too good on money at the moment. There's no way inssurance is going to cover this.

"Wait, what about Carmen?" I asked as he pulled me out of the house.

"Shannon and her friends are keepers, she will keep Carmen safe and away from the house." He replied while dragging me to his car. I was beyond lost. I couldn't figure out what was happening.

"But why would somebody break into the house?"

"That box your mother had hidden. They needed it-"

"Wait hold up for a second here. Who exactly are 'they'?" He picked me up and placed me into the truck. I didn't protest because to be honest I hadn't even noticed and my mind was to preoccupied to care.

"It's not my story to tell love. All I can tell you is that you're important to me far more than others. I want to to tell you, but I don't think you're ready." He sounded hesitant. He moved towards me and flicked the strand of hair that had landed in front of my eyes.

"Try me." He shook his head and sighed. Closing the door and moving to the driver's seat.

"I'm taking you to Anna's. You'll be safe there for the night, then you're coming with me." His voice was demanding on the last part, leaving absolutely no room for argument. I didn't see a point in arguing with him though. He was the only one who had answers and right now that was something I needed.

"When will you tell me everything." I asked a few minutes into the drive. It had slightly startled and scared me that he knew the way to Anna's house perfectly.

"All in good time." Was his simple reply. I was getting nowhere with questioning him. I'd just have to wait for the answers to come when they did.

"Patience is a delectible sin Lana, the question is do you have the will to outsmart it and resist it?" I gave him a confused look at the words that left his lips, they were thoroughly thought and seemed like something people centuries before my life time would say. 

~

I walked up to Anna's door and lightly knocked on it. Nathan had insisted on waiting at the car while I went inside. I knew Anna and the girl's were inside from the noise emitting from the house. I tapped my foot impatiently as I fidgeted with my hands. I just felt like my privacy was being invaded as his stare burned into my spine.

"Took you long enough!" Sophie opened the door and jumped on top of me. I pushed her off instantaneously. My body had gone into high alert after the break in and she had definitely surprised me. "Dang Lana, when did you get so strong?" She patted her sore butt and got up from the ground, her eyes landed straight on Nathan.

"Well hello handsome." She waved her hand up and down and gave out a flirty grin to Nathan. I still don't understand why a strong feeling of jealousy ran through my veins then, but from the little smirk Nathan shot me, he had noticed the look I gave Sophie and he liked it.

"Umm Sophie," I tapped my hand on her shoulder as she turned around. "That would be Nathan." A shocked look came upon her face, which was soon replaced with an evil little smirk as she looked back and forth between us. Bad sign. Now I was worried. Sophie's little plans never ended well.