Chapter 13

Silence. It had been a week of absolute silence. He hadn't taken me knowing about his sister that well. He wouldn't say a word to me beside asking me what I wanted to eat. It was bothering me more than I cared to admit. He was closed off and unlike himself at all. I missed the Nathan I first met a few weeks ago. The cocky one who couldn't keep his hands to himself.

"You've got to stop this act." I whispered to him as he came into the bedroom. I ignored the glistening of his still wet body from the shower and did my best to focus only on his face and not go crawling down his toned body, down to his hips were a limp towel was just barely dangling. He didn't bother to even answer me. Nathan walked into the closet. I heard a drawer open and the shuffling of clothing.

"What act?" He finally asked as he came in after getting dressed into his normal attire which consisted of jeans and plain dark colored t-shirts and nothing other than the casual sweatpants.

"I know the mention of your sister bothers you." He visibly tensed up and interrupted me before I could continue.

"No, just stop. I don't want to talk of what used to be the girl I would call my sister." His voice was as crisply tense as his body as it held a slight tinge of anger.

"I know but-"

"No! You heard me I don't want to talk. Stop acting like you know the pain I'm in!" He was breathing in and out heavily and his fists were clenched together as he practically murdered the sheets that were near him.

"More than you think." His words hit me harder than he knew. The screams started ringing in my ears as I quickly got up wanting to get out of that room as fast as possible. A single tear ran a long path down my face as I closed the door behind me.

"Wait Lana don't-" I ignored him while making my way through the house. I needed to leave. I'd been in here way too long. My body was extremely uncomfortable and needed to breath. I couldn't stand it anymore and he had only made it worse with his words. I opened the door and ran the down the street. I ran and ran. I ran from all thoughts and into the little peacefully reality I loved where I couldn't remember anything.

~

I eventually ended up in a little park. I didn't know what it was about parks, but my father used to take me all the time when I was growing up. I guess it just reminded me of him. It felt like everybody had been torn away from him. I had talked to Carmen a few days ago and see sounded distant unlike her normal self. It was strange, just as Nathan said she had been and would be continuing to stay with Shannon and Max for a while.

"Mind if I sit?" A light male voice said from above me.

"Yeah sure." I scooted to the far end of the bench and he sat down. I took a peak and saw that he was quite handsome with light brown curly hair and a slight beard, what really captured my attention was the sharpness of his blue eyes.

"I'm James." He reached out his hand, I awkwardly shook it back, wondering why he was even talking to me.

"Umm I'm Lana?" It came out more as a question than an introduction.

"Oh I know who you are, and I think you know what I am." I froze and let go of his hand. He must have been an angel, I just hoped he wasn't a dark one, it was kind of hard to tell. "I think you know who I am too. Let me repeat myself, my name is James." James. James. James. Now where had I heard that name before.

"I'm sorry but I don't know what you're talking about?" I better play it safe than risk doing something wrong.

"I can see why he likes you, you're so oblivious." He laughed a little and stretched his arms. About halfway down his back a little bump was sticking out. It was barely noticeable unless you had keen eye sight or you know what should be there. Wings. Better yet, angel wings.