Chapter 6

EDITED 12/26/2013 8:56 pm

"So what did you do last night?" Carmen immediately asked as I came downstairs the next morning. I ignored her and started making myself some well needed coffee. "You used protection right? As much as I would love a little dude or dudette around you're only nineteen. Also I think we should have the talk since being ten years older than you requires these types of things." She cleared her throat and to my horror started a discussion. "Sex is a-"

"Oh my gosh Carmen I didn't sleep with him!" As if having 'the talk' at school and hearing Anna talk about all the 'recent' activities she had performed with her boyfriend wasn't enough Carmen decided to add in a few things. Just like any other person the talk still made me uncomfortable even at the age of nineteen.

"You were gone the whole night, and I heard you sneaking in this morning, all the signs are correct so I can only assume the obvious." She replied. "At least tell me about the date, did things get heated. Who am I to say that, they most likely did. I mean that Nathan guy has one fine ass." She kept rambling on and on while I tuned out like I usually did. I had to get together with Anna, I needed a proper girl's night to get my mind off of the dreams and Nathan. Most of all Nathan. After I had forced him to take me back home he hadn't left my mind once.

"Lana! Are you even listening to me?" Carmen was shaking my shoulder while I was still staring at the wall, not even noticing her.

"Hmm...what?" I got out of my little trance and she stood there with an annoyed little smirk.

"I'll be gone this week." She said while coming over and grabbing my coffee. "One of my friends got football tickets to a game in Dublin. I'll be flying out there tonight and will probably be back just after next weekend."

"So you're going to leave me home alone?" I hated staying home alone. I had very sensitive ears and they would pick up the tiniest noises. "You know how I feel about staying home alone."

"Don't worry you can invite Anna over or your boyfriend."

"How many times do I have to tell you that creep isn't my boyfriend!" I was getting mad now, who is she to keep assuming that? I was still a bit off from the last two days and all she was doing was adding salt to the already nasty wound.

"Alright alright. Sheesh." She put her hands out in front of her and pushed them a little as if to protect herself. I would have done the same thing if I was in her position. From the little mirror in the hallway I could see my reflection and I looked like a bomb just about ready to burst. "Anyways just take care of the house. You're an adult, I don't need to tell you what to do."

"So what time are you leaving tonight?" I had calmed down a bit from my little outburst a few moments ago. I took my coffee cup away from her and induced my mouth with the much needed buzz only caffeine could give.

"Whenever Shannon comes, which should be just about now-ish." I almost choked on my coffee.

"Now? You said at night."

"It is night Lana." She shot me the 'duh' look while I went over to the nearest window and looked out. It was just a little after twilight as the last rays of the sun shed on the earth. How long did I sleep? My hair fell in my face covering my eyes. I breathed out to blow it away, but it just landed on my face again.

"Can you hand me that scrunchie?" I pointed my hand out to the big hair tie on the counter. Carmen picked it up and threw it over to me. I picked my hair up and tied it. I rubbed the sore spot on my neck as I went to sit on a chair near the counter.

"I'll most likely be at Anna's place when you're gone."

"Yeah I figured you would. Just make sure you check the hous- Oh My God! Is that a hickey on your neck!?" She practically ran towards me and grabbed my neck. "It's your first hickey! My baby is growing up." She brought me into a hug and started to fake cry. I didn't say anything. I just kept a blank look while she hugged me. In the inside I was steaming though. He had marked me. Staked a claim on me. I wasn't his possession, the idiot did it anyways.