Chapter 9

Zoe's POV

"Just one more minute baby." I said running a brush through Alice's hair, trying to get her hair in a fishtail braid.

"There, done." I said admiring my work. I did pretty damn good.

"Tank you mommy." Alice said hugging me around my legs, making my heart jump, just hearing her call me 'mommy'.

My heart has always done that, from the second that Alice could talk, I just loved her calling me mommy.

"Woah.. Now I know that's not a normal braid." Ashley said walking into the bathroom with us. "No, this is a fishtail braid." I said fixing Alice's bangs.

"Go play with your toys Ali." Ash said kissing her head, as she went running out of the bathroom.

I sighed and picked my brush up, running it trough my hair, to just get clumps and clumps coming out, making me start crying.

"Oh baby..." Ashley said and walked up to me, hugging me as I stared at all my hair on the brush and in my hand.

"I'm so scared Ash.." I admitted sniffling. "I know baby... I am too.. But just know, your not in this alone, ok baby?" He said looking me in the eyes and wiping my tears away.

"I just don't want Alice to grow up without a mommy... I had to go through that... I don't want my baby going through that.." I said burying my face in his shirt and sobbing.

"Shh, shh, it's ok baby.. I promise you things will get easier.." He said rubbing circles in my back.

"I don't want to die Ashley.." I sobbed into his chest, grabbing a fistful of it and holding him close to me, never wanting to let go of him.

"I-I don't want you to either baby... I don't want to lose you ever... But were gonna g-get through this ok?" Ashley said wiping away my tears then wiping away his own.

****

Ashley's POV

Zoe laid there in the back room of her bus, dying.

"Mommy, your gon be ok, wight?" Alice asked getting into Zoe's lap.

Zoe sniffled, but shook her head. "No baby.. Mommy not gonna be ok.. But I know you will baby.. Your gonna grow up, and be a beautiful smart girl, and find someone that loves you with all their might, and grow old together. Don't let anyone tell you, you can't go after your dreams, because you can baby, ok?" She said wiping away her tears then held Alice close to her chest.

"Come here." Zoe whispered to me, motioning me over.

I sniffled and wiped my tears away, then crawled int the bed with them, holding my Zoe close to me, never wanting her to leave my arms.

Cole walked in with fresh tears down his cheeks, and knew her time was close. "Come on Alice." Cole said extending his arm for hers.

"Ok.." Alice said then looked back at Zoe. "I will always love you Alice.. And I will always be your mommy.. Ok? Don't forget that baby.." Zoe said then kissed Alice's, nose, cheeks, forehead, and hugged her long.

"Come on cutie.." Cole said kicking Alice up and closing the door, leaving me Zoe to ourselves.

Zoe turned on her side so she was facing me, and smiled lightly.

"I love you." She whispered, lightly caressing my cheek.

"Don't say that yet.. Don't say your goodbyes yet to me.. Please.." I begged her. "Ok baby.." She whispered and leaned in, kissing my lips softly.

"You'll always be my hero.. The one who found me slicing my wrists the day I found out I was pregnant.. You saved me.. And you saved Alice as well.. And I could never thank you enough for that Ash.." She whispered. "I love you too." I said, starting to quietly sob.

She pulled me into her chest and rub my back as the bed shook violently from my sobs.

I could hear her heartbeat slowing down slowly, till it was a bad rate, when she told me "I love you Ashley Purdy, always will.."

Then took her last breath.

I gasped and shot up, I looked at her and started shaking her. "No no no.. Your not gone yet.. Please.. Don't leave me here..." I sobbed, holding her limp body close to my chest.

"Please Zoey.. Please baby.. Come back.." I sobbed, burying my face into her neck.

The one girl, I truly ever did love, just died as she held me close to her.

"I love you too Zoe.. I always will.. I'll never love someone as much as I love you.." I whispered.

** oh dear Jesus.. I cried the entire time writing this chapter.. And the waterworks haven't stopped yet... I have a feeling this is one of my saddest moments in one of my stories.. Well.. Except "You'll always be my daddy" and if you haven't read that.. Go! It's actual the one story I am extremely proud of! But yeah... If you cried like I did.. Man... I'm just a down person aren't i? God.. I'm gonna be posting a bunch of chapters today... So be ready**

Vote

Comment

Follow

Stormy

Peaceskies❤️✌️❤️✌️❤️