Chapter 23 - She's On The Hunt

Okay, so for those who don’t know...upload was delayed because I have been sick for the past week and yep, I’m better now. Not 100% yet, but bucket loads compared to last week! =)

Thanks for all the ‘get better’ wishes... they made me smile...and took me about 1 ½ hours last night just to reply to everyone on my wall....

and also, I havn't picked a new title yet lol

~ ~ Chapter Twenty Three ~ ~

“Will you quit it already?” I spun and glared at Saxon from over my shoulder while holding my hands over my ears to try to drown out his insistent singing – it was driving me up the wall right now, but at least we are on a dark road while I walk home. So there aren’t any witnesses out and about.

“I'm making a statement,” Saxon smirked back, taking a small pause in his singing to reply to me.

Groaning loudly as I faced back in front of me, “Stupid boy, this is so annoying.”

“Stubborn girl,” he mumbled and kept on singing again.

Isn’t he over it already? Doesn’t he know his point has been made loud and clear? Scanning the ground for something to throw at him, I came up empty handed...apart from a glass bottle, but that would have just been mean to throw at his head...I didn’t want to injure him, just wanted him to stop already.

“People are trying to sleep! Shut your darn mouth!” Some random guy yelled out from a house we were passing. I looked over to see a shadowed figured standing inside one of the dark windows and smirked a little.

“How about you shut up old man before I come break your kneecaps!” Saxon roared furiously back and I stopped to spin around and stare at him as he glared at the house.

“What is wrong with you?” I whispered yelled, not wanting to create more of a scene than we already had...and by ‘we’, I mean ‘Saxon’.

“I’m calling the cops!” The man shouted back out again and a moment later, his window slammed shut.

“Good going loser,” I grunted as I quickly started walking back down the road again, not really wanting to deal with the police tonight.

“Didn’t you hear him tell me to shut up? Does he not know who he is talking to?” Saxon snapped loudly, making it clear for the man to hear.

Rolling my eyes, “Not everyone is a wolf Sax but then again, not every wolf actually cares if you’re an Alpha or not.”

Saxon stopped singing long enough for me to grow curious and stop walking to turn and face him with a curious expression;wondering what had finally made him shut up.

He was frowning as he stared at me, “Do you mean that?”

“Huh?”

He shook his head with slight annoyance, “Do you really mean that you don’t care if I’m an Alpha or not? Most girls find the title hot...,” he trailed off, looking down the road further past me with that frown on his face.

Understanding dawned on me, “Yes Saxon, I seriously don’t care if you’re an Alpha or not...honestly, It’d be cool if you wouldn’t try and use it against me all the time with all your ‘I’m an Alpha and you have to listen to me’ crap,” I smirked as he glared at my lame attempt to mimic his voice.

“I do not sound like that Eva,” he growled under his breath, “So, if I gave it up, you wouldn’t care?” he asked, peering at me from the corner of his eyes as he walked to catch up with me. I watched him carefully, knowing that if he started singing and playing that guitar again then I was gone.