Chapter 10 - She's On The Hunt

~ ~ Chapter Ten ~ ~

I honestly never thought I’d live to see the day I will wish Brody and Saxon would fight again; them being all teamed up together is like pure agony for the rest of us – especially me! I don't think I’ve ever been yelled at as much in all my life as what I had been after I shot the stupid Alpha with the dart.

They didn’t even hear me say it was just a sleeping dart and went berserk, though I will admit it was mostly Brody but Saxon was standing there and just agreeing with him as he shot me filthy daggers, not even standing up for me one little bit. Then I finally screamed at them it was just a sleeping dart and they got it through their thick skulls, you should have seen their faces.

Priceless, especially since I told them they can both shove their sorries up somewhere where the sun doesn’t shine.

And to prove just how serious I was, I joined Dale and sat down alongside him where he offered me a small smile and asked if I was okay because of the ‘bullies’ yelling at me – which angered Saxon and he ordered me to move away from the ‘enemy’ wolf. Please, as if Dale is a threat, he is too nice and naive to be any kind of a threat and so I refused to ‘obey’ Saxon.

So now I'm playing twenty questions with Dale while we all wait for Mr. Alpha wolf to come round, Brody has been trying anything he can to wake the dude up but it was all useless and resulted in nothing. I found out they wanted him for questioning and I'm not allowed to say this part to Dale but Saxon doesn’t believe the guy is the actual Alpha but more like the third in command or something like that.

“Favourite colour?” Dale asked with a friendly smile and I heard Saxon scoff loudly.

“Purple and you?” I answered while shooting Saxon daggers for being annoying and rude. It’s not my fault I can make friends easily...when I want to that is.

“Dark blue,” Dale grinned and I nodded slowly while thinking of another question to ask.

“Favourite food?” I looked back up at him and waited for his reply which didn’t take too long.

“Spaghetti,” he grinned and rubbed his stomach for dramatic effect.

“Cool, I love nachos,” I chuckled as my mouth salivated at the thought of a big yummy bowl of home cooked nachos.

“I have the ingredients in my house; you can make some if you want?” Dale offered and I smiled at how nice he was. He sure was a change from the arrogant males I’ve been dealing with lately...not including Harper because I would say he is just as nice as what Dale is.

“Awesome, which house is yours?” I asked as I jumped to my feet and looked down at him.

“I don't think so Eva,” Saxon snapped and I looked over at him with a raised eyebrow while he glared back at me.

“Why not?” I questioned. Harper and Chris had gone and raided all the nearby houses before to find clothing for each of them since they wanted to be in human form while they waited around for the Alpha or non-Alpha to wake up. So obviously it was safe for me to go and make a feed.

“Because I said so,” Saxon grumbled before turning his back to me like a spoilt child.

“Ha,” I scoffed loudly, “Like that’s ever made a difference before.”

Chris secretly grinned over at me when Saxon was too busy staring at me with high annoyance, ‘You tell him Eve, don't let him boss you around.’

Rolling my eyes slightly because I think Chris only said that because he was hurt still from Saxon suddenly kicking him out of his pack and forcing him to be a loner until I came along and saved the day for him. I was like a female knight in shining armour for Chris that day – maybe that’s an over exaggeration but it’s still fun to think that.