Chapter 19 - She's On The Hunt

Can I just say WOW – I never knew there are so many Aussies on this site! Not that I'm rounding up Aussie’s or anything NESSA, was just merely curious....

~ ~ Chapter Nineteen ~ ~

“Is your fearless leader letting his pack go to the fireworks tomorrow?” I glanced sideways at Dale as we walked down the hallway. We were on our way to my food class – Dale’s next class was on the same level and I had just finished teasing him about all the fun he is about to miss out on in food.

Even though I won’t have my two partners in crime – AKA Travis and Stevie, I knew this lesson would still be okay....I was just probably going to fail it now because I can’t cook to save my own life.

Dale quickly glanced around nervously like he expected Saxon to jump out from nowhere and pound him one. “I'm not sure; I didn’t even know there were fireworks tonight.”

“Neither did I,” I chuckled lightly, “My brothers told me on the way to school, apparentlythe first night of the holidays, there is like a mini entertainment thing set up down by the river and they have fireworks as well.”

“Oh, ok. I guess I can find out – do you think there will be girls there?” he looked unsure as he spoke, like he wanted to meet that someone special, but wasn’t sure if he did at the same time.

Boys are weird, that’s all there is to it.

Shrugging, “I'm presuming so, it’s not just for our school, it’s for everyone who lives here.” Stopping outside my door, I turned and grinned up at him, he was a good foot taller than me, “This is me, catch you later.”

“Have fun cooking,” he smiled and kept walking further down the hall to his class – biology or something, I don’t know. All I know is that I prefer food over his lesson.

“Have fun....doing whatever it is,” I frowned to myself, still trying to remember what his class is exactly.

“Chemical studies,” Dale filled in the blank and I laughed – I was way off.

“That’s the one,” I winked as I walked into my classroom backwards, waving bye as I did.

“So good of you to join us Eva.” I spun around to smile at my teacher as she rolled her eyes and motioned for me to go and take my seat.

Sighing softly, I quickly made my way to the back of the room but came to a stop at my usual desk because Chris was sitting there, smirking at me. Glaring slightly, I grudgingly sat down and turned to face him, “So, what’s life like being a traitor?”

The sarcasm in my tone was clear and Chris chuckled, “It’s brilliant actually, I’m learning so many secrets about people. Like for starters, did you know that Mr Gris has a man crush on Mr Cuss?”

My jaw fell open, “You’re kidding me?”

Chris roared into laughter and I closed my mouth, glaring at him once again as he managed to spit out, “Yeah, I am.”

“Not cool CC, not cool,” I muttered, looking away and feigning interest in what our teacher was telling the rest of the class – something about Anzac biscuits. “Do you actually know any good gossip, or not?” I asked while looking back to Chris, who had calmed down now.

Frowning, he shook his head, “Men don’t gossip.”

Rolling my eyes, “How many times do I need to tell you this? You are not a man Chris.”

“More man then you’ll ever be,” he grunted under his breath.

“I should hope so too,” I retorted, scrunching my face up a little.