Chapter 11 - She's On The Hunt

~ ~ Chapter Eleven ~ ~

“Stupid boy,” I grunted and sent a nearby rock flying through the bushes, “Arrogant, selfish, mean,” I snapped as I stomped all over a patch of wildflowers, crushing them into the ground. “Wait until I see that boy next, I'm going to make him pay, I'm going to make him super miserable,” I grumbled to myself as I swatted at a few low hanging branches in my way, sending them flicking back behind my body.

“Ouch!”

Stopping momentarily to turn around with a frown, I looked at Chris who was rubbing his forehead and then looked at the swaying tree branch and smiled slightly, “My bad.”

“I'm not Saxon so stop hurting me,” he grumbled as he grabbed the branch and pushed it out of his way as he passed it by.

“That was an accident,” I pulled a snobbish face at him, “And it was the first time.”

“Nu-uh, you got me with a rock earlier on.”

Rolling my eyes I turned back around and continued on my mini path of destruction as I stomped my way along and cursed Saxon under my breath. It’s been just over a full day since we went our separate ways and I can't believe he was going to kick me out of his crappy pack like that but naturally I got the upper hand and stormed off.

I just can’t believe him!

Has he been faking all of this time? No, his male and male’s aren’t very good at anything. Maybe he realised he didn’t want me as his mate after all? I don't care if that’s the case; but why is it my heart aches over that thought?

Shaking my head clear and taking a few calm breaths, I decided it wasn’t going to affect me. His actions and words weren’t going to affect me. I was going to be the same old strong and independent Eva that I’ve always been before he came along.

I don't need a guy in my life to weigh me down anyway.

“Girl power!” I shouted out loud as I fist punched the air with a huge grin on my face. I was going to do what’s best for me and not care what others think. I will be a lone she-wolf and love it...well, as alone as I can get with my family and Chris around.

Snickering from behind me made my grin fade slightly and I looked over my shoulder at my brothers and Chris, “Got a problem back there?”

They all shook their heads but Harper had a wicked grin on his face and within seconds he jumped into the air like they do on the Toyota commercials and screamed, “Girl power!” before all three of them roared into laughter once more.

Staring at them like they had all completely lost their minds I was tempted to yell at him for paying me out like that but I shrugged it off, knowing I’ll get my payback when he least expects it.

Looking up at the morning sun as I continued walking I wondered how much longer it would be until we crossed a better town of some kind. Early this morning we came across what seemed to be a small town and we all grabbed some five finger discounted clothing and changed into our human forms thinking we could catch a bus out of there. Turns out the stupid place only had one shop for starters and the bus rarely travels through there, so we kept on walking.

I was sick of being out here in the middle of the sticks with nothing to do all day long but walk or run. I just wanted to be back home again and relax and I know the others agree with me because we aren’t machines like Saxon and Vance who enjoy being a wolf twenty four seven.

“We’re going to have to wait for dad to buy us tickets first, you all realise that don't you?” Brody spoke up as he trailed a few steps behind me.