16

"Oh my God! What did you do!" I yell as I get out of the car.

"She shot me, again!" Killian says exasperatedly.

"That doesn't mean you punch her! Didn't your mother teach you to never hit women?" I ask in disbelief.

"No, my mother taught me to kill anyone who crosses me. She crossed me."

I scowl at his response and kneel on the ground to see if Vanessa's even breathing. When I hear her pulse I relax and turn to glare at Killian.

"You bastard!"

"Funny that's what Sebastian called me."

"Shut up! You can't go around hitting and killing people you idiot! That's my friend and hunter or not, you don't touch her or I swear to God I will cut off your balls and sew it onto your humongous forehead." I threaten.

Killian actually seems to take my threat seriously because he takes a step back with a weird look on his face.

"Alright, fine. But good luck carrying her into the car." Killian says in a nagging tone as he walks back to the car.

"Oh no you don't!" I exclaim as I grab his hand and pull him back.

"Ouch, christ what do you eat?" He says as he rubs his arm. I smile bitterly before getting back inside the car.

I watch satisfyingly as he carries Vanessa and carefully places her back inside the car next to me. The rest of the drive is quiet until we reach the house and a pack of wolves surround us.

"Are these werewolves?" I ask in fear as I clutch my belly.

"Yes, but don't worry they won't hurt you or the baby. A hunter and an unknown Lycan on the other hand..." Killian trails off as one of the wolves snarls at him.

"Shut up you filthy animal." Killian growls back, his eyes turning a golden yellow just like Sebastian's do. "I can have each and every one of your disgusting hearts in my hand in seconds. Do not test me."

His words send a cold shiver down my spine as I watch the wolves whimper away in fear.

Killian sends me a cocky grin as he confidently walks up to the door. It's then that I realize that even though my hand print is entered into the system, I still don't know the code. I send a quick text to Sebastian which he quickly replies to. I type the complex code into the system and take out the key that Sebastian gave me on our last date so I can open the door. I show Killian to my room so he can put Vanessa down on my bed.

"You know, you should really have a discussion with your friend about the whole hunter thing." Killian tells me in a serious tone.

"Yeah I know." I say with a yawn. Gosh, when did my life get so complicated.

Just a few months ago I was getting my Masters Degree and getting ready to live the boring, cheap life of a teacher. Now I'm four months pregnant with a Lycan's baby and there are people trying to kill my baby and I and my best friend's a hunter, whatever that means. Right now I just want to rest and try to forget what happened today.

Killian looks like he's about to say something else when the door swings open and Sebastian walks in with a worried expression on his face. Killian smiles widely at his friend, but instead of greeting him, Sebastian walks over to me and engulfs me in a tight bear hug. Even though I'm upset right now and I'm trying not to let all my screws go, I lean into his chest and wrap my arms around his torso.

"Are you okay?" He murmurs.

"No. Someone just tried to kill me!" I whine.

"It's okay. You're okay. Look, I know this is probably the worst time to mention this but, what happened today and what happened when at the school just gives more reason as to why you should move in with me. This is the safest place for you and the baby to be."

I sigh as I pull away from him, contemplating the idea. I don't want to leave Vanessa alone and we have so much that we need to talk about, but Sebastian's right. This is the safest place for me to be, the safest place for our baby to be.

With a sigh I agree to move in with him.

"Well, now that we've gotten that out of the way, can we talk about what we're going to do with little Ms. Buffy over there." Killian says, pointing towards a sleeping Vanessa.

"You're not doing anything to her." I immediately say.

"Amelia, Killian's right we need to-"

"We need to do nothing! Vanessa is my friend and just because you think she might be a hunter doesn't mean you're gonna do whatever it is you want to do to her." I say with a pointed look. I put my hands on my hips to emphasize my seriousness.

"We don't think anything Amelia. Vanessa King is a part of the King family of hunters. They've been around since the first werewolves were ever created. They're ruthless and kill any werewolf, shifter, Lycan and paranormal creature they come across."

"What? That's impossible, Vanessa's mom and dad are archeologists. Her brothers both served in the military and they travel with their parents helping them with their studies. Her family is about as normal as any American family. Her mom doesn't even like knives, she has sleeves for each one, even the butter knives!"

"Those are called covers Lia." Killian says as if that should be obvious.

I shake my head. Of course I don't believe it. "I've known these people since before I was even born! Her mom was best friends with my mother. Chris, her father, practically raised me as his own! There is no way these people could be killers without me knowing it." I say defiantly.

"Leah," Sebastian says as he grabs my hands gently."I don't want to upset you-"

"Then don't!"

"But, Vanessa's family are hunters. They've been extremely well at keeping their covers hidden. And your relationship with them is not a coincidental one either." He informs me solemnly.

"What do you mean?" I ask, not sure I want to know the answer.

"I mean, the King have been in your life for a reason."

"What reason? How could they have known that I'd get pregnant with a Lycan?"

"They didn't, what I mean is that they were in your life because they were hunting a werewolf. Before you interrupt me let me finish." I blush but keep quiet so he can explain what he means. "Nine months before you were born, the Kings were hunting a werewolf that they had been looking for for decades. He had come to find his mate which he succeeded in doing so, unfortunately they used that against him. They kidnapped his mate so that they could capture him and kill which they also succeeded in doing so. They would have killed the mate as well but she was human so they let her go and because she never saw their faces or heard their voices she could never find them. A few months later they were back in town to hunt a shifter when Melissa King, Vanessa's mother, ran into the werewolf's mate. She was pregnant. Melissa grew suspicious so she befriended the other woman and was able to find out that the werewolf that her and her husband had killed months before was the father of her child. She told her husband and they agreed that they would befriend the woman and make sure that her and the child never found out about what the child would be. They also made sure that the child never activated her werewolf gene by shifting. Unfortunately they also succeeded in doing that as well and the child never found out about what she really was, until now."

With wide eyes I take a step back from Sebastian, shaking my head as tears flood my eyes.

"Do you know who that child was Amelia?"

"No, it can't be."

"That child was you. You're a werewolf Amelia."