36

W. A. S.
PART FOUR

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
p.s. Lia's POV

I wake to the sound of baby noises being made next to me, soft and low. I wince at the harsh brightness of the room, not yet familiar with sight just yet. I blink several times before turning to the side and being welcomed to most heartwarming sight I've ever seen. Sebastian, holding our son.

His face is the definition of serene as he peers down lovingly at the tiny human in his arms, whispering sweet things to him. By the way he's smiling and adoring our child, it's easy to overlook his disheveled hair, five o'clock shadow, and wrinkled clothes that he probably slept in. But I'm his wife and it's my job to notice when my husband hasn't been taking care of himself.

"Sebastian?" I croak out, instantly regretting it when my burning sensation erupts in my throat.

Sebastian stops his fondling and stares at me with wide eyes, as if he can't believe that I'm actually awake right now.

"A-Amelia?" He asks hesitantly, not sure if he's imagining it or not.

"W-water." I wheeze.

He quickly grabs the pitcher beside me and pours a generous amount in my cup before handing it to me. I swallow the cool liquid instantly and ask for more, which he gives me.

"Thank you." I say as I place the cup down. I look up at Sebastian and then look down at the baby in his hands.

"Would you like to hold him?" He asks, a faint smile on his lips.

I nod vigorously as I reach out my arms. I bite back tears as he places the baby in my arms. The weight of him brings me back to the brink of tears and this time I don't stop the tears from spilling.

"He's so beautiful." I say as my voice cracks. He honestly is the most beautiful baby I've ever seen. He's a clear representation of the both of us, with Sebastian's royal blue eyes and my blonde locks that he's turned into his own with curls that I've never been able to achieve.

"He is isn't he?" Sebastian agrees with a small laugh.

As hard it was, I manage to tear my eyes to look back at Sebastian who's watching us with a look that makes me want to cry.

"How long have I been out?" I ask nervously.

"Five days. You slipped into a coma after you developed a high fever. It was because of the mountain ash and wolfsbane the bullet contained. It set off an unexpected infection that wouldn't heal. We all thought you weren't going to make it."

I'm taken aback when he starts crying.

"I didn't think I would ever get to hear your voice again." He says as he takes my hand.

"Sebastian, I'm so sorry. I wasn't thinking- actually no I was thinking. I was thinking that that man was going to shoot you and I wouldn't stand there and watch it happen. I should have been less reckless though. I put my life and our child's life in danger, I-"

Sebastian cuts off my apology by pressing his lips against mine, pouring so much emotion that he was feeling into the kiss that when he pulled away I was too stunned and breathless to speak.