7

I am currently walking down Madison Avenue with Vanessa on our way home after going grocery shopping. There's a grocery store not far from here and since there's two of us we thought it best to just split the bags and walk home.

Vanessa says its our way of decreasing our carbon footprint.

It's not cold tonight like it was yesterday when I left the hospital, it's just a bit windy which is good because we haven't had wind in a while. It's why I agreed to walking. I look up at the starless sky and grin when I see that it's a full moon. Full moons are the best because they always bring out a little creepiness on the night which I kind of like, plus it doesn't hurt to imagine that somewhere out there Scott Mcall is fighting off another enemy that dares to mess with his pack. Obviously I've been watching too much teen television, but oh well not my fault they're good.

"So where are you going on this little date of yours?" Vanessa asks, breaking the comfortable silence.

"Oh nothing too fancy, just a restaurant."

"Cool. Well I'm happy you're at least giving him a chance. I don't think he's as horrible as you think." She says, smiling up at me.

"You're right," I say. "He could be worse."

"Oh shut up!" Vanessa exclaims with a laugh.

I join her in the laughing and skip forward a little so I can walk backwards. But I stop moving when I see a dark figure behind Vanessa.

"What's wrong? Why'd you stop?"

"Vanessa watch out!" I yell but it's too late because the person grabs her.

"Aaahhh!!!" I hear her scream.

"Vanessa!" I yell, dropping the bags in my hand.

"Lia run!" She yells as the figure drags her into a dark alley.

How are they so fast?

I don't know what but suddenly I get the energy to run after them and I do. I run until I am able to push the person away from my best friend.

"Lia!" Vanessa yells as she runs to me. The person turn to me and starts stalking towards us.

"Run!" I yell as we back out of the alley.

We run until the stranger comes back and grabs me away.

"Vanessa!" I scream before the person covers my mouth with his hand which makes me bite it causing them to scream and back down.

I turn around and punch them in their nose, feeling satisfied when I hear the cartilage crunching.

"Oh my God, did you kill them?" Vanessa asks when she reaches my side and nudges the person's shoulder.

"I don't know. Um I'm going going to call Sebastian." I say as I whip out my phone and quickly dial his number.

"Amelia? What's wrong? Are you okay? Is the baby okay?"

"Um, yeah we're fine but uh, I did something." I say nervously.

"What did you do?"

"Um, I think I killed someone." I mumble.

"You what?" He exclaims.

"Don't yell at me! Just, can you please come Vanessa and I are freaking out." I cry into the phone.

"Okay, okay I'm coming, where are you?"

I quickly tell him where we are and reassure Vanessa that everything will be fine, although I'm not sure if I'm trying to convince her or me.

Ten minutes later I see Sebastian's car pull up and let out a cry of relief.

"What dis you guys do?" He asks as he looks like down at the unmoving body.

"It attacked us!" I say first.

"For no reason! Freak." Vanessa adds, kicking the person's shoulder.

We watch as Sebastian kneels down and takes off the person's hoodie, revealing it's face. Sebastian let's out a low growl before putting the hoodie back on.

"I'll take you home." Sebastian say when he stands up.

"But what about the body? Don't we need to call the police?"

"No, we don't this person is not dead. I will have somebody clean this up until then you two are coming with me."

Vanessa and I quickly grab our stuff and food and get into the car. We sit quietly as Sebastian pulls the body into the alley and makes a phone call.

"I hate to say it but you're baby daddy is hot Lia." Vanessa says, grinning as she watches Sebastian talk into the phone. "I mean look at his ass."

"Okay, we get it he's hot, I know, I slept with him."

"Rawr. Somebody's jealous."

"Shut up!"

"Okay."

Sebastian gets in the car a minute later and takes us home.

"You don't have to come in." I say, smiling at him as I get out of the car.

"There's no way I'm leaving you by yourself tonight."

"I won't be alone, I'll be with Vanessa."

"And how well did that workout?"

"Fine, let's go." I say before getting out.

Sebastian follows is all the way inside our apartment and sits in the living room as Vanessa and I go to our rooms. When I enter my bathroom I decide to clean up my bloody hand, but there is nothing there, no cuts or bruises or anything. They're all gone!

I run out to the living room.

"Sebastian!"

"What is it Amelia are you okay?"

"I-I don't know, my hand! It was all bloody after I punched that guy but now its gone! Everything! I should at least have a bruise!"

I watch him as his eyes trail to my clear hand and back to my face. A look that I can't identify crossed his face causing him to frown.

"You probably just imagined it." He mumbles as he looks away.

"I did not, I swear it was a bloody mess!"

"What's going on?" Vanessa asks as she walks into the living room.

"Right my hand was all bloody after I punched that guy?" I ask her, my eyes pleading her to believe me.

"Sorry, I didn't exactly pay attention to your hand." She says with a grimace.

"Oh come on! It was bleeding." I whine as tears fill my eyes.

"It's okay Amelia. Why don't you go and get some rest?" Sebastian says as he approaches me.

"Don't come near me! I know what I saw." I say defiantly as I walk out of the living room.

I take one more look at my hand and shake my head.

Maybe I am  just imagining it. I mean a cut can't just disappear like that, right?

But how can I break someone's nose and walk away unscathed? That's impossible right? Right?