3

"What should I wear?" I ask Vanessa as I hold up a pair of shorts in one hand and jeans in the other.

"No shorts and no jeans it's like ninety degrees out there. Wear something that shows your stomach."

"I'm not even showing so I doubt that he'll get the hint."

"Okay... Ooh I know!" She exclaims as she hops off my bed and runs to closet, pushing the clothes aside one by one as she looks for whatever it is she's searching for.

"Bingo!" She exclaims as she comes out holding one of my favorite dresses.

It's a short sleeved white T-shirt dress with skinny black and red stripes. It's my favorite because it literally fits me like a glove and it shows off my tiny waist. I've always had an incredibly small waist, but I always thought it was a curse because of all the negativity I received from other girls in school. Turns out they were all just jealous. I don't know why though, a small waist might look good in a bikini but it's so hard to find the right dresses and clothes that don't make me look like I'm drowning in my clothes. But I own it and I work extremely hard to make sure that I dress good.

"Okay, you sure it won't be short?" I ask I press it against my body.

"No way. Now get dressed."

I shrug and begin to put on the dress. I hear Vanessa groan behind me and say, "I envy your body so much it's ridiculous."

"Then hit the gym fattie." I joke.

She responds by throwing a pillow at me.

I laugh aloud as I finally pull the dress down and look myself in the mirror. I may not be overtly showing, but I do have some what of a bump that's a bit noticeable in this dress sideways. I might as well wear it show off my waist, it'll be gone soon anyways.

"Okay, I think I'll wear it." I say.

"Great, here." Vanessa says as she hands me a pair of stilettos. I stare at the shoes and then back at her.

"I'm going to tell him he's gonna be a father, not ask for a repeat of the night that got me in this mess." I say as I put them back in my closet and reach for my Chuck Taylor's instead.

"Fine, but a little something on the side to celebrate wouldn't hurt."

I roll my eyes at her before I take a seat in my vanity bench and begin to apply my makeup. I don't do anything crazy, just some light foundation and mascara. I add some blush to add some color to my face before I brush my hair into a ponytail.

"So do you know what you're going to say?"

"Honestly? No, I'm just going to wing it."

I didn't want to think about what to say besides the fact that I'm pregnant because I have no idea how he's going to react to the news. I may not know Sebastian personally but I do, however, know that guys don't take it too lightly when they're told that they got a girl pregnant on a one night stand. It's not ideal for me either, but sometimes you just have to do what you have to do and I have to do this. I can't just have a baby running around without its father knowing that it exists.

I give Vanessa a quick before leaving the apartment. The drive to the bakery isn't that long so I get there around 1:45 but I'm still fifteen minutes early. I stare at the club across the street and silently curse it. I know it's not completely its fault that I'm in this position but if I hadn't gone to the stupid place I probably would've never met Sebastian let alone have slept with him and gotten knocked up. I sigh regrettably and exit my car and walk into the bakery.

There's not that many people in here which is good because it's quiet and it'll give Sebastian and I privacy to talk about this. Since it's also a cafe, I walk over to the counter and order a cold hot chocolate because with the weather outside so hot, they don't serve hot chocolate. Normally I drink coffee when I get this nervous but since I can't drink it, I have to go for the substitute.

I find a seat in the back booth with no windows, it's far enough from everyone else that we can talk as freely as we want but not so hidden that if something were to happen no would see us. I wring my hands under the table, anxiety beginning to take over me. I shake my knees until finally I can't just sit still any longer and get up. I pace next to the booth until the waitress arrives with my drink, I smile weakly before returning to my pacing. When I look up five minutes later I see a familiar handsome face that once again makes me do a double take.

Sebastian.

For some reason he looks even sexier in the daytime than he did that night, not to mention I can smell his mouthwatering aftershave when he leans in to give me a kiss on the cheek. I bite my lip to keep from groaning.

God what is wrong with me?

"So," He says after he takes a seat across from me. "What is that you wanted to tell me that you couldn't tell me over the phone?" He asks, getting straight to the point.

"Oh um, well I uh, don't really know how to say this." I mumble, but he hears me.

Sebastian raises one of his thick eyebrows and frowns.

"You didn't give me an STI did you?" He asks, staring at me intently.

My eyes go wide with alarm.

"What? No! I would never!"

"Well what is it?"

"Well, uh I'm pregnant." I say hesitantly.

he doesn't even blink. "Congratulations, but what is it that you wanted to tell me?"

I groan in exasperation. Why is he making this harder than it actually is?

"That's what I wanted to tell you. I'm pregnant."

"I'm not sure I'm understanding. You're pregnant, what does that have to do with me?"

"You're the father Sebastian!" I exclaim in a low voice.

Sebastian stares at me for a while before breaking into an amused smile. "You must be mistaken Amelia, I'm not the father of your child." He says confidently.

My shoulders slump in defeat when he says that. Oh God, he doesn't believe me, I'm going to have to be a single mother.

"But you are Sebastian. You're the only person I've been with in the last two months. The only one." I say, emphasizing the 'one'

"Amelia, I am not the father of your child. I can't be." He says, shaking his head.

"But you are and I thought I should tell you so you're aware that you're going to have a child out there in the world." I say as I begin to stand up. As I open my purse to get the money for my drink, out of the corner of my eye I see Sebastian inhale deeply before his eyes widening. Then he did it again and this time, his eyes flew up to look at me with disbelieving shock.

"What?" I ask quickly, running a hand across my face to make sure there was nothing on it.

"You're pregnant." He says.

"Yeah, I just said that. Look, it's okay if you don't believe me, I wouldn't either if I were in your position, for all you know I could be having one night stands everyday. But I don't and I would never lie. It was nice seeing you again Sebastian." I say wryly as I stare into his cerulean eyes before walking away.

I step out of the air conditioned bakery into the sweltering summer air and suddenly feel the need to cry. He didn't believe me and now I'm going to be stuck raising this child on my own, which I don't mind especially since Vanessa swore to help me but, I don't want my child to grow up without a father like I had to. I know what that does to a child.

As I pull away from the bakery I see Sebastian run out of the door, his eyes piercing mine even though I'm already in the car. Just as I'm getting back onto the road I see Sebastian's eyes turn from blue to a glowing yellow.

Whoa!

I shake my head and look back at the rearview mirror but his eyes are back to being blue.

I must've imagined it.

All this baby drama is driving me crazy.