14- Till Death Do Us Part

1 week later
"Wakey wakey bride to be!" I hear Caroline shout before I sit up.
"Morning," I mumble as I wipe the sleep out of my eyes.
"How you feeling?" She asks as she sits down on the edge of the bed. I spent the night at Bonnie's and Klaus spent the night round mine and Stefan's house with him.
"Very well rested," I smile.
"That's good! Okay so your hair dresser is coming at half ten, and the make up artist is coming at quarter to eleven." she explains.
"Okay, what time is it now?" I ask.
"Ten," she states.
"Crap." I get up from the bed and quickly rush down the stairs in order to at least start getting ready.
"Elena, slow down. We have time," I hear Bonnie say as I rush past her. Just as I reach the bottom of the stairs, a wave of sickness flows through me and I end up with my face in the toilet.
I feel one of them pull my hair back as the other rubs my back, helping me to relax.
When the sickness is at bay, I get up, flush the toilet and look at their concerned faces.
"I'm fine, don't worry," I smile a convincing smile at them.
"You sure? If you're not up to it then-,"
"Care, it's only morning sickness. I'll be fine, there's no way I'm letting it get in the way." I walk past them and back up the stairs, being sick always gives me a loss of appetite. I'll admit, after throwing up I don't feel too great, but there's no way I'm going to let morning sickness ruin my wedding day. This is our day. This is the day that I marry the love of my life.
Once I'm upstairs I make my way into the bathroom and have a shower. Once I finish I enter the spare bedroom to be met with Caroline and Bonnie's concerned faces.
"Are you sure you're okay? You're looking a little pale. I can always call Ste-," Caroline says.
"No, don't! I'm fine, really." Just as I reply we hear the door bell ring, so we all make our way down to answer it.
"Hiya!" Claire, my hairdresser, greets us.
"Hiya come on in!" Caroline says before we make our way into the living room. I sit down whilst she sets up, all the while making small talk. Literally as soon as Claire starts styling my hair, my make up artist arrives.
"Hiya! Excited for your big day?" She asks as she starts to set up. I nod before she commences with my makeup.

After it's all done, Caroline and Bonnie get their makeup done whilst I get my things together.
"Elena, we'll take your overnight bag with us and take it to your hotel room," Caroline reminds me.
"Okay, thank you." I smile before zipping up the back of her dress. She turns to me and I can't help but smile, she looks so beautiful in her bridesmaid dress.
"You look very beautiful Care," I smile.
"Aw thanks Elena. Let's get you into your dress," she says as she helps me step into my dress. I put it on and instantly, I feel so much more beautiful and complete. I feel like being pregnant has sucked all the energy out of me and being able to actually look nice lifts my mood up. I mean, Stefan always tells me how beautiful I am but, being pregnant, I've never believed him and instead feel like a bloated balloon.
"Okay so the photographer is at the venue and he's setting up his equipment. Are we all read-." Bonnie stops abruptly.
"Everything okay Bon?" I ask as I step towards her.
She puts her hands over her mouth. "Wow. You look so beautiful Elena."
I smile shyly before releasing a small laugh. "Why thank you."
She offers her hand to me with a smile. "Shall we?" I smile before taking her and Caroline's hand with my own and walking down to the car with them.

Once we're at the venue, I'm led into a quiet, spacious room so that everyone can get ready for the ceremony.
"Oh honey, you look so beautiful. I'm so proud of you and I know how proud your dad is." I smile at her comment and hold back the tears, thinking about my dad, wedding and how proud my parents are makes me emotional.
"Thank you mum, that means a lot to me," I smile before she brings me into a hug.
"You ready?" Jeremy asks as he holds his arm out for me to take.
"More than ready," I smile before linking his arm with mine. Before I know it, the music starts and I see Caroline and Bonnie disappear behind the corner and down the aisle. I take a deep breath in before we both follow them down the aisle, to where I see the love of my life waiting for me at the end. When our gazes meet, we both smile softly, knowing that neither of us could be any happier right now.
Once I'm at the end of the isle, I turn to Jeremy and mouth 'thank you' subtly before my attention is drawn to Stefan.
I can't get over the absolute perfection that I'm standing in front of, and what I most certainly can't get over is the small tear that escapes Stefan's eye as he continues to smile. I lean up to slowly wipe tear away, my fingers lingering on his skin; a smile constantly on my face.
"Dearly beloved we are gathered together to join this man and this woman in holy matrimony."
I honestly become so lost in his eyes that I space out until he starts to say his vows.
"Elena, every single day that I have spent with you, I have fallen more in love with you. You have made me the man I am today, made me a better person and made me feel whole. Loving you has been the most amazing experience I have ever been apart of. You bring so much light into my life, making me all the more grateful to have met someone as beautiful, inside and out, like you. You're the most humble, kind and beautiful woman I have ever laid eyes on, and I can't wait to spend the rest of our lives together." I can't even explain the warmth that's building up inside of me because of everything he's saying. Tears flow down my cheeks, making me glad that I wore waterproof mascara today.
The priest turns to me, and I begin to compose myself before attempting to speak.
"Stefan, ever since I bumped into you in front of the men's bathroom, I knew there was something different about you. You turned that ordinary day into an extraordinary one and I can't thank you enough for walking into my life when you did. I'm grateful that I get to spend every single day for the rest of my life showing you how much I love you. I can't wait to share my future life experiences with you, knowing that you're going to be there for me every step of the way." I'm smiling with tears streaming down my face, not wishing that this moment was any different.
"Now the exchange of the rings," the priest announces. Caroline passes me Stefan's ring as Damon does the same to Stefan with my ring.
Stefan places the ring on my finger first, I smile at how delicate he is. I then place the ring on his finger before rejoining our hands together.
"You may kiss the bride." I finally hear and immediately my arms are around his neck, as his arms slide around my waist. Our lips meet in a perfect, passionate kiss which not only conveys so much love, but represents the status of our relationship: married. His back straightens half way through the kiss, making me rise in his arms. I giggle and continue our kiss, not wanting it to end. We're both smiling throughout the kiss, which makes the both of us laugh quietly as we hear 'aw's and clapping in the background.