1-Elena's First Day

AN: Hey! So this is my first Stelena story where they're both human! I really hope you enjoy reading it, I'm making it different to my other stories with the story line and their relationship. I'm really nervous to publish this because I don't want it to be too similar to my others, I don't think it is, but it's your opinion that matters. I'm also nervous to post because I don't want everyone to hate it, so if you like it, give it a vote! Thank you!!

Elena's POV
"Stefan!" I squeal as I feel two arms wrap around me and feel myself being lifted from the security of the ground.
"What?" He asks so innocently, as if he's doing nothing wrong. I'm already running late for my first day, this is sure to make me really late.
"You know very well what you're doing Mr Salvatore," I smirk as I feel more kisses on my neck. I giggle and squirm at his soft kisses that tickle my sensitive skin.
"But I love you," he says against my lips, I can't help but smile. Although, I also can't deny my love for our morning make outs, they leave me with a smile on my face. He lays us down on the bed, distracting me from my thoughts, I'm lying on my side slightly whilst he leans over me gently.
"And I love you, but I have to go to work." My smile quickly fades after thinking about what today might have in store for me.
"You'll do great baby, they'll love you." I smile at his encouragement.
"You sure?" I question, he lightly kisses my hand.
"Positive," he simply says. I connect our lips for the last time before I get up and resume preparing myself.
Stefan's starting his new job at the hospital tomorrow whereas I start today. I'm starting as a journalist for the local newspaper, I couldn't be more excited, but such an amazing opportunity brings me so much worry. This is what I want to do with the rest of my life, I know that, which makes me so paranoid that I'll end up messing it up. Stefan tells me not to worry, saying that I'll be great and that I'm the best writer he's ever seen. Stefan's always said that about me, ever since we met. We met when we were seventeen and in high school, we were in the same History and English class. He was one of those guys who seemed to make everybody's head turn to look at him. I kept to myself, much like Stefan tried to but every girl seemed to want to talk to him. That's why I was so surprised when he asked me out on a date, I was thrilled of course but I couldn't help be a little shocked at his gesture. If that day hadn't of happened then we wouldn't be here today; we've been together for almost six years now, our anniversary is coming up in the next few months. We moved in together after we both finished university, we were so excited, as was our families. Both of our families were close and good friends before we even met, which is why they were so excited for us. They've always been so supportive of our relationship, I remember telling my mum and Jenna...
"You okay?" I hear and instantly snap out of the kaleidoscope of memories I had fallen into.
"Huh?" I reply, dazed by the deep memories.
He laughs a little. "I said 'are you okay?'" He leans against the door frame, smiling intently.
"Oh, yeah I'm okay. I was just thinking..." I say before biting my lip, stopping myself from smiling like an idiot.
"About what?" He asks approaching me, I can already smell his irresistible cologne.
"About when we first met," I smile like a little kid. He smiles with me, obviously remembering that day as clearly as I do, despite it being six years ago.
"Best day of my life," he smiles before kissing my temple and wrapping his arms around me from the side.
"Most shocking day of my life," I comment. He looks at me with a questioning look, obviously wanting me to elaborate.
"I just never expected to catch your attention the way that I apparently did, you had girls-." He chuckles.
"But I was never interested in any of those girls, I was interested in the most caring, compassionate, beautiful girl in the school." He kisses my temple once more, I smile at the kiss as well as the complement.
"How did I get so lucky to have you?" I ask, hugging his waist and burying my head in his chest.
"More like, how did I get lucky enough to have you?" He comfortingly hugs me back, I feel so safe in his arms. He's one in a million, and I couldn't be happier to have him in my life.