Chapter Nineteen - Searching for Love

You know the drill..................I'm begging you to please VOTE for my story and help me stay in the top 100 What's Hot List!!  Please and thank you so much!!!    Love you all my loyal supporters!!!!

Have a lovely day!

S xo

Chapter Nineteen

Walking back into the estate, Lady Sarah was waiting for Lucas in her parlor.     “How is she?” she asked him.

“She is upset, guilt is consuming her but most of all, she is stubborn,” Lucas replied back.

“Stubborn?” Sarah replied questionably.

“Yes, stubborn.    I offered to marry her Sarah, I still love her, I will love her child as my own, but she still said no,” said Lucas with shimmer in his eyes.

Lady Sarah nodded to him…..”I understand why she declined Lucas, if she has a son, you cannot name him your heir.   People will talk, the child and Clarissa will both be shamed.    There are no guarantees the child she will have will be a girl.”

“Thank you for your hospitality Lady Sarah, but I must be leaving now.”

“Will you be heading back to London?”

“No………I believe that I will go to my country estate for a while.   It’s only a half day’s ride from here.   Thoughts of being in London without Clarissa is just not appealing to me.”   Lucas told her with a sad look on his face.  “I’m sure that my steward will have plenty for me to look over and disputes to settle at my country home.”

“Very well then, may God go with you Lucas.   Have a safe journey.”

“Lady Sarah, if there is anything that Clarissa ever needs, if she is ill, the child……..anything, please do not hesitate to come find me.”    And with that, Lucas left Glouster and started making his way towards Langley.