Chapter Six - Searching for Love

Please VOTE and COMMENT!!

Thank you....S xo

Chapter Six

“Good morning Bath,” said Lucas.

“Lucas, I didn’t even hear you come in, please….sit….join me for coffee,” replied Stephen.

“Sorry, I told Burke that I would show myself in, he told me that you were in your drawing room.   I need a private word with you Bath.  Can we talk?”  asked Lucas.

“Of course, is here fine or would you like to go into my library?”

“Here is fine, what I wanted to discuss with you is Lady Clarissa.   Um….I would like to ask your permission to court her. “

“You want to court Clarissa?   What’s gotten into you Lucas?  You’ve never courted a woman before in your life.    Not that there is anything wrong with you courting a woman, but why Clarissa?”

“I don’t know why………..oh hell……I do know why…….there is something about her Stephen.   She is beautiful, intelligent…….. when I dance with her, she feels right in my arms.   Like she belongs there, like she’s been there before because the feeling is so familiar.   I never felt this way before, I want to explore it.    I promise that I will be on my best behavior, I promised you that I would not make her my mistress and I won’t.  I think of her much more than that.”

“ So I’m guessing mystery woman from the other evening, you’ve already forgotten her?   Stephen said chuckling.

“Well no, I haven’t forgotten about her.  I don’t think that I will ever forget that night but I know that I will never find her and after meeting Lady Clarissa, I’m not so sure that I care anymore.    So…..will you give me permission to court her?”

“I….um…..Lucas, you know that I need to speak to Clarissa about this.   She is still a widow, so she does still have a few more options than a debutant, I need to see if she is willing to have you court her.    I’ll send her a note asking her to come by at her convenience and discuss this with her”.