Chapter Seven - Searching for Love

Please VOTE and COMMENT..........I would LOVE to hear from anyone!!!!

Pretty please!!!

S xo

Chapter  Seven.

“Annie…..enough……my hair looks fine.   Thank you, it looks wonderful just the way it is.”

“Oh….milday….you are going out with a Duke this evening, please let me fuss over you some more.   He’s a most handsome man if I do say so myself.”

Smiling to herself, Clarissa quietly agreed with Annie, Lucas was definitely a dashing devil and tonight society will know that Lucas is courting me.   Thinking back, if I was a debutant, I would have to out with a chaperone, but since I’m a widow, I don’t.    Liking that thought even more, Clarissa stood up, admiring her choice of gown in her full length mirror.  She chose a gown of deep burgundy, since Stephen wasn’t attending this evening, the gown she chose had a much lower neckline.  Whose says that I cannot show off my charms a bit??

Lucas came a few minutes before 8 pm, and I think that the desire I saw in his eyes the moment he saw me, was what I was hoping for.   I knew this gown was a bit daring and bold, but I keep on remembering in the back of my head…..Live a little, enjoy life……and that is what I plan on doing.

The opera was more then what I had expected.   It was beautiful.   We had seats in Lucas’ private box.  Lucas was ever the gentlemen, knowing that this was my first opera, he was explaining everything to me.  The opera was in Italian and even though I knew a few of the words, most of them I did not.   I did not have to know the words though to know the story.    It was a beautiful story of tragedy that ended up in romance.  

During the intermission, Lucas introduced me to many people.   I recognized a few, from the few balls and party’s that I attended, but mostly everyone was new to me.   This was my first time being back in London after my husband’s death and with being so young, I did not know anyone.

One woman, a beautiful woman, came rushing over to Lucas, her breasts almost falling out of her gown.  Practically throwing herself into Lucas’ arms, making a complete fool of herself.    “Lucas, I had heard that you were here this evening” she purred in his ear.   Completely oblivious that Lucas still has his arm lightly around my waist.   “Why haven’t you come to call?  I’ve been waiting for you.” she said seductively.