Chapter Fifteen - Searching for Love

I hope you like this chapter.........it's the one that some of you have been waiting for!!!

Please VOTE and comment........I would like to stay within the top #100 on the What's Hot list for Historical Romance and I can only do that with your help!!

Please and thank you!!!

S  xo

Chapter Fifteen

Clarissa awoke the next morning feeling very much like her old self.   She had eaten her breakfast and was now sitting in her lounge doing some embroidering when her lady’s maid Annie came into the room.   She was pale faced and had a look of worry to her.

“Annie, are you alright?   You are white as a sheet.  Come, sit down with me, I will ring for some tea for you,” Clarissa demanded with concern.

“Milady, do not ring for tea.   I need to speak with you, about something that His Grace mentioned to me last night before he left,” Annie replied looking grim.

“What is it Annie?   What did Lucas have to say?” asked Clarissa hesitantly.

“His Grace asked me last night to think of why you have been ill over the past couple of months.  He told me he has his own private physician and would confer with him anything that I could come up with.  He’s very concerned about you,” Annie said softly.

“Oh….that is thoughtful of him, but really Annie, I feel fine this morning, like my old self.  I slept wonderfully last night,” Clarissa replied with a smile on her face.

“Milady, when was the last time you had your courses?” Annie asked her with a shaky voice.

“What do you mean….my courses?   Just last month Annie,” Clarissa said most definitely.

“No….milady, I thought about this last night, I send your washing to the laundress, I counted back, it has been more than two months since you had your courses.”  Annie replied.   “Milady, I believe you are with child.”

Pausing for a moment, no….it couldn’t be, could it??    The nausea, the fainting, loss of appetite and gaining of weight, the sobbing, her breasts were both tender and swollen.   She should have known the signs she had spent more than enough time with Lady Sarah to know the signs of pregnancy.