Chapter Nine - Searching for Love

Sorry......this one is probably a bit boring and short, but it needs to be done.   Continue to read, vote and comment!!!!!

Thank you,

S xo

Chapter Nine

It had been a week since their picnic and Lady Clarissa could not wait to see Lucas.  He had been called away to his country home to settle some disputes with his tenants.   He had asked her to join him, but knowing that it wasn’t at all proper for her to be travelling with him, she declined.  

This evening though, she would see him.  Lady Sarah has invited Clarissa, Stephen and Lucas over for supper at her townhome.  She was leaving for her country estate soon and wanted to see everyone before she left.   Clarissa was going over earlier in the day to spend some time with her nephews and niece.

Clarissa was feeling uneasy again, her tummy was upset and has been for a few days.    Pushing her uneasiness aside, Clarissa wanted to enjoy her day with the children.

“Auntie Clarissa will you be leaving with us on the morrow?” asked Alfred.

“No my sweet, I’ll be staying in London for a while longer.   I promise though that on my way back home, I will stop and visit with you for a while.  Would you like that?” Clarissa asked her nephew.

“Yes Auntie, please stay with us for a while, Mother is always sad and she is happier when you are around.” Alfred replied sadly.

Seeing sadness in his eyes, Clarissa wished that she could take it all away.   Alfred being the oldest had the most memories of his Father.  His sister Elizabeth had just been a babe when her Father died and James was 5 years old.   “How about I come for a long visit then?   You and I can take long rides, I hear you have become quite the horseman.    Maybe I could tell you more stories about myself and your Father while we were growing up!” 

Seeing the light back in her nephew’s eyes, Clarissa smiled placing her hand on his cheek and kissed his forehead.