Chapter 11

Shane's POV

I am so happy Joey is back and well again. That waitress was pretty jealous of me and Joey.

Enough to poison him.

I hope she got fired and sent to the mighty hell where she belongs.

"Shane?" Joey asks me.

"Yes my goregous Joey?" I said looking into his eyes.

"Why- why did you cut exactly?"

My whole happiness was just crushed, and I think Joey noticed.

"No please don't cry." he said squeezing my hand.

"Joey, have you ever almost lost someone who you care about?"

"Yes."

"And have you ever done something to cope?"

"Yes."

"Thats why. I needed to cope with the fact that, you may not make it." I said starting to tear up. "I needed to try to see my life without you, and I shamed myself for thinking so." I said as I started to bawl.

Joey comforted me though. He let me cry on his shoulder while he rubbed my back and told me that everything is going to be okay. And that he is alive.

"I love you Shane. Please don't leave me."

"I love you too."

"You know that I will never leave you."

"I know that Joey." I said putting my head into the crook of his neck.

We just stayed like that for a while.

Sitting in the middle of a forest.

With no one around.

It's relaxing. Very relaxing.

It makes me remember coming here a few weeks ago. I like coming here alone. I like being anywhere alone.

I like to think about things too. Like while Joey was in the hospital, I thought about how, if he didn't make it, I would kill myself. That was a promise I kept to myself. If he died, then I don't know how I am going to live. I need him.

To survive.

"Shane?"

"Yes." I sniffled.

"Wanna go home?"

"Yeah." I said starting to get up, but Joey stopped me.

"No. I am carrying you. You have no right to walk while you're crying." He said as he lifted me up like the grooms do with the brides when they're married.

"Joey." I laughed. "You're weak. It should be me who is carying you."

"No. I want to carry you. You should be happy that you don't have to walk." he said.

"Well, thank you for making me feel fat." I said and kissed him.

"You're not fat Shane." he said as he approched the car.

"Yeah I am."

"Please don't start." he said as he set me down.

"Im not. All I am saying is that I feel like a million pounds. All I am saying." I said as I got into the car.

"Okay Shane. Okay." he said as he got into the car as well.

He had this attitude that looked like he had enough. Or as if he failed.