Chapter 8

Joey's POV

Shane was in the bathroom for a long time. Was it what I made him? No, it had to be from last night. The waitress must have put something in his food. 

Lets forget it now Joey.

"Hey Shane?" I say

He turns his head, looks me right in the eye and looks a few inches down.

Again, I forgot I was shirtless.

"Y-Yeah Joey?" He says as he looks up into my eyes.

"Will you stop looking at me?"

"You're just to sexy not to stare at, Joey."

I wonder what he would do if I told him I don't feel beautiful. Lets test it.

"I'm not that sexy Shane. I mean look at you compared to me."

"Joey. Joey Joey Joey Joey." Shane said shaking his head.

"You don't know anything." he continued.

"Yeah I do. I'm not pretty."

"Oh my god." He said as he got up and grabbed my hand. "Come with me." He pulled me off the couch, and took me into the guest bathroom.

He faced me toward the mirror. "Look at yourself Joey. You're fucking gorgeous. Your hair is always perfect even in the morning. Your teeth can make a blind person even more blind. And your sexy body. I mean, look at you. Your chest and your..." he trailed off. I swear I could see him get the slightest bit of an erection.

"Perfectness." He completed. "You're perfect Joey. Please don't forget that." He says facing me now.

"Okay. Now when I say almost the same thing, you don't listen to me. Shane, you're just as perfect as you think I am."

"No. No I'm not." He said in a soft voice. Looking down as if he was ashamed.

I lifted up his head and gave him a passionate kiss. It was short, but had meaning.

"Shane. You really don't know how great you are do you?" I said holding up his head.

"No. Because I'm-"

"Before you say anything else, I want to say something to you." I turned him around to the mirror just as he was to me. I held him by his shoulders.

"Look at yourself Shane." He looked from the ground and I could see those blue eyes that were so beautiful. So lost. I would die if I coudn't see his eyes again. "You're an amazing person. I wish you could see that. You have saved many lives. That should make you feel on top of the world. You are so beautiful. Any girl, or guy, would fall for you instantly. I believe I did when I first saw you." I said as he started to tear up. "I have fallen in love with a sexy ass man who would do anything to see people smile. I haven't seen you smile in a while Shane. I would kill to see you smile. I love every part of you. From your insecurities to your weaknesses. From your smile to your madness. From your protectiveness to your cuts and scars." At this point he started bawling. "Shane. Just know, that people love you. I love you. Your mom loves you. Your brothers love you. Everyone loves you. I don't see why you can't see that." I pulled him into a hug.

"You're beautiful Shane. Never forget that." I said a bit louder so he can hear me better. He just kept crying into my bare chest. Holding onto me, while I stroked his hair.

He kept crying for about 10 more minutes. When the crying did die down, I looked at him. He looked right back at me with those blue eyes that I could get lost in forever. They were the saddest I have ever seen them. "Shane. Let's go lie down." He nodded and hugged me again. "Carry me." he sniffled.