Chapter 28

“Ya, Taeyeon wake up.”

“Tiffany, go wake Yuri up first.” Taeyeon growled and pulls the blanket over her head.

“What are you talking about? I am up. Get up before you’re late.” Yuri stated and shakes Taeyeon’s body.

“Yuri?” Taeyeon asked and slowly opens her eyes.

“Of course it’s me. You think Tiffany would come here and wake you up like everyday after what you did to her yesterday?” Yuri responded rolling her eyes at Taeyeon.

Taeyeon didn’t say anything then went to the bathroom to get ready. When she was in the bathroom, she saw Tiffany brushing her teeth. Tiffany continued to brush her teeth as if she did not see Taeyeon at all. After she finished, she left the bathroom as if no one was there.

“Eh? Trying to play it cool?” Taeyeon muttered then went continued to wash up.

***

“Tiffany, didn’t you hurt your back yesterday? Does it still hurt?” Jessica asked but Tiffany did not answer. She seems blanked out. “Tiffany!” She shouted. “Tiffany, you’re scaring me. Are you ok?”

“I’m fine.” Tiffany replied, still with a blank expression.

“Let me see your back, is it ok?” Jessica asked but Tiffany didn’t reply. She walks around Tiffany to her back and slowly lifts up her shirt. “Oh my gosh, Tiffany. Are you sure you’re okay? There’s a big bruise there. Does it not hurt?” She exclaimed as she stares at the tennis ball size bruise on Tiffany’s back.

“I’ve already experienced the worst pain there is, that is nothing compared to it.” Tiffany replied then pulls herself away from Jessica.

“Tiffany, don’t scare me.” Jessica said worriedly.

“What’s wrong?” Yuri poked in from the bathroom door.

“She’s scaring me.” Jessica responded pointing to Tiffany.

“I’m fine. Really. Let’s just go to the class.” Tiffany stated then head for the door.

“Just let her be for a while.” Yuri suggested and pats Jessica’s shoulder.

Through out the day, Tiffany stayed quiet as in the morning. She did not make a sound. She did not smile. She did not cry. She was like a body without a soul. She managed to follow her classmates to class accordingly and that was about it. Jessica and Yuri tried to talk to her but failed miserably.

After the final bell rings, the announcement came on. “Attention all outdoor sport players, today’s practice has been canceled due to the rain. Indoor sport players will have their practice as usual.” With that being said, the girls went back to their dorm instead of dressing out for tennis practice.

“Tiffany, you haven’t eaten all day. Come on, let’s eat with me.” Jessica stated shaking Tiffany’s arm.

“I’m not hungry. You and Yuri go ahead.” Tiffany replied sitting on her bed hugging her legs. She has been sitting like that ever since she was back from school, not moving a muscle. Her head was down, her face was blanked, her eyes dazed out.

“At least drink some water, please?” Jessica begs handing Tiffany a glass of water. Seeing that Jessica is worried, Tiffany took the glass of water. “Well, Yuri and I will get something to eat. If you need anything call us, okay?” After seeing Tiffany nodded slightly, Jessica went out the room and met Yuri at the stairs. They then walk down to the cafeteria together.

***

Once Jessica and Yuri were down the cafeteria, they noticed that Taeyeon and Sunny were eating dinner together with Sooyoung. It seems like the ball hit Sunny really hard since there is a big bruise on Sunny’s nose. Taeyeon noticed Jessica and Yuri entered the cafeteria but did not say anything and continued her conversation with Sunny.