Chapter 20

“Jessica! Jessica!” Yuri continues to scream as she chases after Jessica. She wasn’t going to let Jessica be by herself knowing what she has just seen. She sped up and step in front of Jessica facing her. When she could see her face, Yuri was surprised to see all the tears on Jessica’s face. “Jessica…”

“Leave me alone!” Jessica yelled then pushed Yuri aside and walked forward. Just as she was about to continue walking, she felt a tight grip on her wrist pulling her back. It was no one else but Yuri. Please let me go. Jessica thought.

Once Yuri got a grip of Jessica’s wrist, she pulled her back and hugged her tightly. Though Jessica struggles to break free, Yuri wasn’t going to let her go by tighten up her grip even more. Soon, Jessica gave in and cried on Yuri’s shoulder.

“No one was like her.” Jessica cries. “No one cared about me enough to get to know me, but she did. Because of her, I felt as though in my life there was a bit of warmth. Though I never show it but only with her do I feel like I’m a warm-hearted person. I love her, Yuri ah.”

“You’re doing good. Just let it all out. Just cry as much as you need to.” Yuri advised as she pats on Jessica’s shoulder and forced a smile on her face. Hearing Jessica’s words, it just tears her heart apart. Although she knew it all along, with Jessica confirming it herself only worsen the pain. But what hurts her the most right at that moment was the sight of Jessica’s tears. Each drop of tears that dripped from Jessica’s eyes is like a stab in her own heart. I can’t show her my pains. I have to show her that I am strong, and that I can give her comfort. Yuri thought as she continues to calm Jessica down.

After another minute of crying, Jessica slowly releases herself and looks at Yuri. “Yuri ah…” her voice cracks.

Yuri didn’t say anything and just places her hands on Jessica’s cheeks. Then slowly she uses her thumbs to wipe Jessica’s tears away. After she finished wiping Jessica’s tears away, Yuri looked into Jessica’s eyes and smiled. “Don’t run away again. If you ever need a shoulder to lean on, come to me. I will always be there for you if you ever need me.” She stated.

“Yuri ah_”

“Not only can I be a shoulder for you to lean on, I can also be the next person to melt the ice in your heart and in your life. I promise I will make you feel warm again, and not only when you’re with me but also when you’re with just about anyone. Just give me a chance to do so, huh?” Yuri asked as she looked deeply in Jessica’s eyes with as much sincerely as she could show. Jessica looked back at Yuri then slowly nodded and hugged Yuri.

I know this is so wrong but it felt so right to finally open my heart for Yuri. I know it’s wrong knowing how I gave in to my weakened heart but I just can’t bare this pain anymore. I need someone to ease the pain in my heart, and that person is Yuri.

“Yuri and Jessica to court number 3. I repeat Yuri and Jessica to court number 3.”

“I think they’re calling us.” Yuri said as she lets go of Jessica’s hug. “Are you ready to hit?” She asked. When Jessica nodded, both of them headed back.

With Tiffany and Taeyeon gone, on the bench were only Sunny and Sooyoung who continued to watch their teammates. After the four girls introduced themselves, the game begins. Their opponents were definitely a lot better from the previous ones but if Yuri and Jessica try their best, it wouldn’t be too bad. And as it seems, both Yuri and Jessica tried their best at this game. Neither of them was losing their concentration and stayed in the game the whole match. After much sweat and effort, Yuri and Jessica won by 8-5.

***

“Is she okay?” asked Tiffany with her worried face again. She couldn’t help but to be so worried about Taeyeon.