Chapter 6

Although Junsu did not like the idea of so many other people tagging along with him and Taeyeon, he did invite the four girls in his car and drove them around. Of course Taeyeon had to sit next to Junsu while Tiffany Jessica and Yuri sat in the back. Supposedly Junsu was going to take Taeyeon to a nice restaurant to eat with her alone, now he’s just going to have more guests.

“Taeyeon ah, you haven’t eaten yet, right? Let’s us all go to this nice restaurant that I know.” Junsu suggested as he drove his car.

“Yeah, up to you.” Taeyeon replied.

Coincidentally Junsu passed the bridge that Tiffany was on, on her first day in Korea. And as she looked out the window, she saw a couple of people standing there. Then she quickly looked at Taeyeon and realizes that it was Taeyeon who was at the bridge!

Tiffany snapped her finger and yelled out “Oh! I remember now! You’re the girl that was screaming ‘I can do it!’ at the bridge a few nights ago right? Taeyeon?” It caused everyone in the car to stare at both Taeyeon and Tiffany.

What? She saw me there? I can’t let the others know that I did such an embarrassing act. Taeyeon thought as she turns around and acts dumb. “What girl? Said what? What bridge? What are you talking about?”

“Remember? A few nights ago, at the bridge that we just pass by.”

“Nope. You must have mistaken me with someone else.” Taeyeon lied again.

“Really? Well you look a lot like that girl.” Tiffany said though she still suspects that it was indeed Taeyeon.

“We’re here!” Said Junsu as he parked the car and turn off the engine. “Let’s go in.” As he got out of the car and quickly rushed to the other side to open Taeyeon’s door.

“Thanks,” Taeyeon smiled.

“Taeyeon ah, I got something for you.” Junsu hinted then went to the back of his car and open the trunk. There he took out a bouquet then return to where Taeyeon was standing. “I know you like all type of purple flowers and so I specially ordered them for you.” Junsu smiled as he handed Taeyeon the bouquet.

Oh gosh, what is he doing? Taeyeon thought and uncomfortably replied. “Um, thanks Junsu. But don’t do this again.”

“You don’t like flowers? I’ll find something different next time then.” Junsu smiled again unable to see the discomfort in Taeyeon.

“Ya, Yuri ah. Do you know what’s going on?” Tiffany asked as she stares at Taeyeon and Junsu walking a few steps ahead from her.

“Oh. Junsu has liked Taeyeon since high school. We believe that he came to this university because of her. But Taeyeon never likes him. I wouldn’t like him either if he bothers me 24/7.” Yuri replied as she stared over at the Jessica who has been quiet all this time. “Jessica ah, you’re so quiet.” She finally asked.

“I just don’t like to talk.” Jessica replied.

After Yuri finished her sentence, Tiffany came up with a plan in her head. She rushed towards Taeyeon and Junsu and squeezed in between them, grabbing Taeyeon’s left arm and Junsu’s right arm. “Hey, you’re Junsu, right?!” Tiffany smiled at Junsu showing her smiley eyes again. “I forgot to introduce myself but I’m Tiffany, Taeyeon’s friend.” She added with her smile again as she turned to Taeyeon who gave her the when-did-we-became-friends look.

“Uh, hi Tiffany!” Junsu forced out a smile though he felt very interrupted.

“I heard you’re from the same high school as Taeyeon, right? Wow you’re really cute. Do you have any other brothers or sisters?” Tiffany continues to question Junsu.

And so the whole way from the parking lot to the restaurant Tiffany was between Junsu and Taeyeon and keeps asking random questions. Even when the waiter shows the group to their table, Tiffany still remains in the middle between Junsu and Taeyeon and ended up sitting between them. She wasn’t going to let him sit next to her. Junsu kept his cool though he wishes to sit next to Taeyeon.

After they all has ordered their meal, Junsu tried to look over Tiffany’s shoulder and asked “Taeyeon ah, do you think I can have you phone number so if we were to hang out again, it would be easier to contact you.”

“Phone?” Tiffany once again interrupted. “Taeyeon doesn’t have a phone anymore.”

“I wonder why, Tiffany.” Taeyeon said sarcastically as she gave Tiffany her dirty stare. Still, Tiffany smiled back at Taeyeon. That’s all she could ever do. Taeyeon thought as she rolled her eyes.

“Wait, why not?” Junsu curiously asked.

“Someone took it from her.” Tiffany answered in place of Taeyeon.

“It’s a long story,” Taeyeon added.

“Oh yeah?” Junsu replied then smiled to himself. He must’ve thought of something. And the whole night, Tiffany continued to interrupt Junsu and Taeyeon whereas Taeyeon doesn’t mind that at all.

“Jessica, so what do you like to do for fun?” Yuri asked, trying to start a conversation with Jessica.

“Sleep.” Jessica quickly replied. “Oh and eat.” She added.

Jessica’s odd and cold personality didn’t cause Yuri to lose interest in talking to her but actually raised her curiosity in getting to know Jessica more. I wonder how the icy Jessica and the hyperactive Tiffany became best friends. Yuri thought to herself as she continue to observe and compare the two.

After a whole night of interruptions the girls and Junsu returned to the university where they all went back to their room.

***

With her habit of taking a shower before bed, Tiffany grabbed her pajamas and towel and headed for the bathroom door. This time she checked to see if the occupied light was on, which it wasn’t. But once she opens the door she saw Taeyeon was about to walk in as well.

“The light wasn’t on this time!” Tiffany defends herself.

“I didn’t say anything. You go ahead then.” Taeyeon said and was about to headed back to her room when she heard Tiffany’s voice.

“It was you on the bridge, wasn’t it?”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” Then she steps out of the bathroom.

“Keep denying it. I know it was you.” Tiffany mumbled to herself as she enters the shower stall.

***

“Can you please wrap it for me? It’s a gift for someone.” Tiffany asked the employee at a store. It seems like she was in a cell phone store since there were lots of cell phone accessories hanging on the wall as well as many new phones in the glass display cabinet. Tiffany sighs and mumbled “I was saving for a new itouch but I guess I’ll just stick with my ipod nano.” She sighs again.

After the employee came back with the wrapped box, Tiffany paid the employee and left the shop.

***

It was about 9 AM when Tiffany got back to their dorm. When she opens the door, she noticed that Jessica was still lying in her bed. Of course, she thought.

“Tiffany, where did you go so early in the morning?” Jessica said half awake, as she looks at Tiffany.

“Oh, I just wanted to look around the school so I won’t get lost when classes start.” Tiffany smiled nervously.

“What’s that in your hand?” Jessica questioned.

“Oh, nothing. It’s nothing. Go back to sleep Jessica.” Tiffany suggested.

“Ok.”