Mission PART3

You usually think mummies come out of tombs or coffins in pyramids, this may be a mummy but... this is truly much worst and outrageous. The mummy's bandages were falling off revealing the horrific skin underneath, there is no eyes, no decorations. I feel like I might puke.

"Mei, don't back out on me on this one, I promise I won't let anything happen, I have already seen you whack Stein's glasses off his face, I know you can do this. Mei, you are better than all of my teammates put together, so you have no need to worry, I will always back you up whenever" Kid turns me and says for reassurance but it seems my heart and literally skipped a beat.

"Yes! I can defeat much more worse than this, I am a strong independent girl who has the ability to use my mind!" I demand "Let's do this!"

I feel my head signals begin to spark inside my head making me almost go mental. Opening my eyes I know that something is up with me, looking to my palms I see them sweating already, w-why?

"Mei!" Kid yells at me like he has been trying to reach me for ages. Moving my eyes slowly towards me he is giving me a hard glare.

"Remember what you said and what I said and then you can make your way through this" Kid reaches his hand out to me and places it on my shoulder giving it a hard squeeze.

Kid attacks first with Patty and Liz in hands as twin guns, he shoots a few times before getting the horrified mummy really enraged.

Shutting off everything from my mind I start to attack, I jump onto the mummy's back, it turns towards me and swings its large fist right at me, placing my hands on it as it comes at me I am forced backwards and my back slams into the wall.

Feeling my head signals giving me different directions I go for my own direction, with my free hand I signal Kid to shoot at the mummy's head and anger the beast more.

Kid shoots at the head various of times, the mummy moves away from me roaring making my head screaming at me, gripping hold of my head I crouch to the ground. After the roaring stops I remove my hands and try to build up my courage once again.

"Kid past me Patty!" I yell

"But then I wouldn't be symmetrical!" Kid demands

"YOUR HAIR ISN'T SYMMETRICAL, JUST PAST ME PATTY IF YOU WANT THIS SOUL AS MUCH AS I WANT IT!"

Kid's face turns into a frown until he understands what I am going to do.

He chucks me Patty and I catch her in my hands.

"Let's do this!" Patty cheers at me and I can feel her smile as she speak.

"Yeah"

Kid shoots at the mummy's head for a while, while I try and work my head signals.

The mummy's tattered heart isn't where it should be, the mummy's heart is right at it's left hip, it's not beating but it is our own chance at getting the soul.

Running towards the mummy I aim the gun at the left hip while Kid continues to shoot at the mummy in different directions.

This is it!

I shoot and the bullet reaches the left hip. The mummy screams again and turns to me, with its left fist he goes to hit my into the ground, chucking Patty across the room the fist hits me hard.

"Mei!" Kid calls out to me.

But I don't feel any pain.

The mummy disappears and turns into a soul.

Sitting up I see I am not wounded in any way possible.

"Mei! You alright!" Kid rushes in front of me.

"Wow something is glowing!" Patty rushes up to me in her human form beside the human Liz.

Looking down I see my necklace is glowing, pulling it out it seems something is different, this necklace protected me back there!

"There is something about that necklace" Kid says and takes it looking at it for a moment, he drops it and steps back "Here" He passes me the soul.

"A-Are you sure?" I ask

Liz, Patty and Kid nod at the same time.

"Thank you" I say and swallow the soul in one go.

78 souls and 1 witch soul before I can become a full fledged demon.

"Let's go home" Liz says "I have had enough of this pyramid!"

"Home! Home!" Patty cheers

"Come on Mei, you did great" Kid smiles at me

"I can say the same about you three"