Chapter 23: What I thought I lost

CHRES P.O.V.

Joyce and I are at the mall and it's pretty crowded out here. We're on our way out right now. Hol' up, wat was that?

Me: did you hear that? *looks back at mall entrance*

BANG BANG 

?:AAAAAAAH!! MY BABY!

me: joyce get down!

I grabbed her and we bent down hiding behind two big trucks. I saw a dude come out pointing a giant gun looking around. I think he saw me cuz he looked over here and paused for a sec. Joyce was breathing really hard.

Me: *puts my hand on her stomach* are you okay?

Joyce: i-i don't know

Me: cmon

I lifted her arm over my shoulder and helped her to the car. I let her put most of her wait on me. Just as I opened the car door-

BANG BANG

Joyce dropped to her knees and i was sure she was hit. I felt a tear run down my cheeck as I helped her into the front seat. I got in and held her hand tight.

Me: joyce, please tell me you're okay.

Joyce: CHRES DRIIIIVE!!

I hit the gas and sped off to the hospital. I called her mom and told her what just happened. As I helped her out the car, a nurse ran out with a wheel chair and rolled her inside. I heard her screaming something but my head was spinning. The last thing I saw was joyce's sister and mom walk in crying and screaming. Her mom was a nervouse wreck and her sister just rocked back and forth in a chair while crying. I didn't speak and all i could think about was:Joyce pull through baby. do this for us..do this for your mom..do this for our child. I started to pray under my breathe. 

Me:lord please let joyce live. She deserves to live. Jesus save our baby and deliver her from this horrible situation. Two angels are hurt right now and i can't make it without them. Some way...just please please bring them out of this. I should've been the one to get shot not her. I'm the one who caused her all of this pain..take me instead. Spare her and the baby, they deserve it. 

JOYCE P.O.V.

I was barely awake and all I heard was a man yelling at a lady.

doc: We have to remove the baby first!

nurse: doctor, calm down we're gonna get it out in time.

doc: Shes loosing blood.

nurse: okay we're ready

doc: *looks at joyce* okay mrs.williams, we're gonna have to deliver your baby in order to retrieve the bullet.

me: *voice cracks* b-but I'm only 5 months.

I tried to stay calm considering the fact that my baby might not live.

doc: I'm sorry but we have too. Now are you ready?

me: *nods yes*

doc: 1,2,3 PUSH

I pushed and felt myself being ripped apart by what I assume is the head. 

me: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH *breathing hard and squeezing the mattress*

doc: I see a head. okay...Push

I pushed and more of the baby slid out. I assumed we were at shoulders. If I don't get this baby outta me right now-

doc: one big push, almost there! 

I pushed and the whole baby slid out. The nurse took her to the back as she cried and screemed at the top of her lungs. I layed back on my pillow and blacked out.

$$$$$^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^*******************8###############33@@!!!

I woke up and everyone was gathered around me including jordyn,bri,xzaria,nina,kya',makayla,dejah,dynia and JACOB. Wow, never would've guessed he'd be here. I looked over at chres and smiled weakly as he held my hand.

chres: you did it. *smiles*

me: no chres...WE did it.

He kissed my fourhead and my mom walked over  and hugged me tight.

mom: *strokes my hair* you did great honey.

me: thanks mom, so um don't I get see the baby?

mom: umm..

Just then a nurse walked in holding my baby.

nurse: here's your beautiful baby girl. *smiles and hands her to me*

me: ooooh my gosh. *cries of happiness*

It felt so good to hold her in my arms and see her beautiful face. This beautiful little baby..came out of me. Wow, words can't describe this amazing feeling.

chres: Layla...

me: *looks up at him and smiles mad hard* Layla August.

He leaned down and kissed me and this time I kissed back. I place my hand on his cheeck and kissed him a little harder before I pulled away smiling. Everybody "aaww"ed and I handed the baby to chres. They all gathered around him to see the baby and doctor cook walked in.

dcook: You Know i'm proud of you right?

me: thankyou. I'm proud of myself too.

dcook: ya know how I said your daughter's progress was great?

me: yea

dcook: well she only has to stay in for 5 days. After that she's good. you can leave after two days.

me: omg *covers mouth* reallyyyy?

dcook: really.

me: *hugs her tight* thankyou thankyou thankyou sooo much.

dcook: aww you're welcome hun. and you need to reconsider getting back together with chresnato, he's gonna be a great father.

We both looked over at him playing with layla and smiled.

me: maybe I will...

dcook: well i have to go I'll be back later on tonight.

me: alright bye 

dcook: bye

7 DAYS LATER

Finally! We're settled in. My beautiful baby girl is here with me now and everything is going great. Chres has started work and our bills will be payed. The house is really roomy so I love it. Yes We're in our own house now. Turns out the hole time my mom had been moving things and buying furniture for us. Considering she did this alone it's pretty amazing. The girls come over to see the baby and they've been over here everyday since I got out the hospital. Ofcourse as you may have guessed chres and I are back together. I decided not to try and get over him. I love him too much for that. Finally things are how they were supposed to be all this time and I'm loving it. I'm finally free of all the heartbreak and stress. Finally I can have the life I wanted and live it freely. Finally...I can love and live with the pursuit of happiness and love the two very special people that warm my heart. Now..my life begins.

Layla jane' August November 15, 2013

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

WOW...JUST WOW. NOW GUYS THE SEQUEL BEGINS. THEIR NEW LIFE. I HOPE YOU GUYS ENJOYED THE BOOK BECAUSE i ENJOYED WRITING IT. =) cOMMENT AND TELL ME HOW YOU FEEL. THE SEQUEL NAME IS " A Use To Be" Love. I KNOW THEY SOUND ALIKE BUT IT'S SUPPOSED TO. I LUV YA'LL AND PEACE OUT

Dueces,Love, & peace in the most quiet nature.