For Better or For Worse GB

This is a gender-bent version of my famous story For Better or For Worse.  Its going to be different in some ways, but its the same basic story.

Conner/Kon-El—Connie/Kona-Kal-El
M'gann M'orzz/Megan—M'gonn M'orzz/Morgan
Lora-Kad-Zol—Lor-Zol
La'gaan—La'raan

Chris, Katie, and the adults are all the same gender.  Its only the Team members, past and present, who are gender-bent.  I do not own YJ or DC.

Connie woke up to Wolf licking her face.  She shot up in her bed.  "I'm up!  I'm up..."  She looked up at the clock.  "...And I'm late!" She scrambled out of bed and got dressed in a hurry. She had to get to the ladies' grooming chambers. Today was the day that her grandfather had arranged for her to marry the handsome and courageous Lor-Zol. Kona-Kal-El had to meet up with her grandmother and sister to be bathed, groomed and dressed for the wedding.

There was only one problem. Connie was certain that she was still in love with M'gonn. She didn't really want to marry Lor, but she was certain M'gonn didn't miss her.  Ever since he had started dating Lagoon Girl, she had been on the outside looking in.  So, when she was offered an excuse to stay on Krypton forever, she couldn't have said yes fast enough.  After forgetting to brush her hair, she threw Wolf a steak and ran out the door.
-----------------
Lara tapped her foot impatiently as she, Martha and Katie waited for Connie outside the ladies' grooming chambers.  The bathlady poked her head out the door.  "Lara, where is your granddaughter?"  She sighed and went back in.  Lara groaned.  "All of the days to be late!", she cried.  "I should have listened to Jor when he suggested to pray to Zolara for luck!"

Just then, as if on cue, Connie came running in.  Her red dress was stained with dirt and mud, her hair was in knots and tangles, and she had spots of cinders and ash all over her face. "I'm here!" She looked at the others, gaping at her. "What?" Lara stepped forward, absolutely horrified. "KONA! What happened to you?!", she shrieked. "You're a mess! You cannot get married looking like that!"

Connie looked down at herself. "I'm sorry, Mama, but I had to—" Lara put her hands up to silence her. "None of your excuses!", she said, going behind her to gently push her towards the grooming chambers. "Now, let's get you cleaned up." Tomboy Connie felt her heart sink as she was led towards the bathing room.
-----------------
"And...finished!" The Wise Man's wife led Connie over to a full body mirror so she could see her reflection. She was dressed in a blood red silk gown lined with white-silver along the sweetheart neckline and the hem, which spread out around her and behind her in a train. Lara had tied a white-silver sash around her waist very tightly, to shrink her waist. It was so tight, Connie could barely breathe.

Her usually wild long black hair had been brushed until it shone and arranged in a neat, tight bun in the back of her head, with dozens of tiny red Kryptonite crystals woven through, falling down to her ears and close to her eyes. She had long red gloves on that reached past her elbows and ended in more white-silver, and her feet had been pushed into shoes of solid silver, with a stiletto heel and silver ribbons laced up her legs.

Her face was covered completely with white makeup. Lara said it was to symbolize her purity, to tell her new husband she had never before been taken by another man. Connie knew exactly what she meant. Her cheeks were adorned in a bright pink blush that felt unnatural to Connie, but Lara said it was necessary for a bride. Her eyelids shimmered in a coat of silver, making her blue eyes seem even bluer, and the coal-black eyelash paint made her lashes look longer, giving them a certain curl at the end.  Finally, her lips were adorned with a deep, lustful red, making them appear fuller and more curved.

The women who had dressed her up couldn't stop fawning over her. "Beautiful!" "Gorgeous!" "Stunning!" "You look so pretty, Connie!", Katie said. "You really do!" Lara smiled. "Yes. You, Kona-Kal-El, are the perfect picture of a bride." No one asked Connie what she thought. She faked a smile. Her dress was suffocating her, her face felt like it weighed a ton, and her hair was pulled back so tight, she was afraid her eyes would pop out. She felt stiff and uncomfortable and not like herself at all, but it was almost worth it to see her grandmother so pleased.