Life is Short

I got this idea from Tumblr.  Someone posted that they read a one-shot about how Wally helps reunite Supermartian this way but they couldn't remember the title and had trouble finding it again so they were asking for help.  I decided to make up for the lost fic and rewrite it.  I never read it, but I think I did a pretty good job!  I do not own YJ or DC.

It shouldn't have been possible. But it was done. Nightwing and Impulse had successfully brought Kid Flash back from the speed zone. He was back home where he belonged, with his parents and Uncle Barry and Bart and, most importantly, Artemis. Minutes after Wally came back, he immediately proposed to Artemis, and she accepted.

Wally found Superboy sitting in the lounge and walked over. He held out his hand, and Conner slapped his in it. "Good to have you back, Wally." "Good to be back, Supey."

"Garfield? Are you in here? Its time for-". M'gann walked into the lounge, only to stop dead in her tracks when she saw Conner. He turned his head away and rubbed his neck. "Uh...hey." She looked at her feet, shifting them around. "Hi." Wally looked back and forth between them, apparently confused, while they stood there, looking anywhere but at each other. At last, M'gann broke the silence. "Well! I...better go find Garfield." "Yeah, you...you do that.", Conner said, still not looking at her. M'gann let out a sigh before leaving the room.

"Dude, what was that all about?", Wally asked him. "Last time I talked to you, you were mad at Megan because of what she was doing with her powers. How did you two go from hating each other to just being awkward?" Conner sighed. "M'gann realized she was wrong, and she stopped ripping into others' minds. Every time I see her now, I see more and more of the old her." He collapsed on the sofa and moaned. "Than why are you so bummed?", Wally asked, sitting down next to him. "You still love her, don't you?"

Conner looked at his buddy. "Well, yeah, but what's the point? She's never gonna take me back. I broke her heart. I compared her to Psimon. When I broke up with her, I said she was acting like a monster." Wally jumped back. "Dude—you didn't!" "I did!", Conner groaned, burying his face in his hands. "After everything I did to her, I can't just ask her to take me back." He looked up, a tear sliding down his face. "She doesn't love me anymore."

Wally put his hand on his shoulder. "Conner, when I came back from the speed zone, I'd learned a valuable lesson. Life is short. You can't just sit around and wait for everything to happen because you're scared or because you don't feel like its the right time. When I think of all the time I lost with Artemis...and all the time I could've lost..." He looked Conner square in the eye. "Conner, you need to take action while you still can. Because the next thing y'know, Lex can shoot you with some Kryptonite bullets and BOOM! Lights out!"

Conner looked at Wally, his words running through his head like a scratched CD.
---------------------------------
M'gann had her back against a tree. Conner had looked so handsome in the lounge, his ebony bangs falling to his sparkling sapphire eyes. She bit her lip. He's never going to take me back, she thought. I took advantage of him, soiled my touch in his mind. He deserves better than me. He hates me. He can't even look at me. A tear slipped down her cheek.

She suddenly sensed a familiar presence nearby.  She turned around, and the next thing she knew, she was lip-to-lip with Superboy.  He had one arm around her waist, holding her so she couldn't pull away, and the other hand pushing her head towards his, as his mouth ran over her's.  M'gann was in total shock when he finally broke the kiss, gaping at him, her eyes wide as quarters.  "C-Conner!  Wh-Why did you kiss me?  That took courage!  That kind of courage-". "Can be hard to come by.", he said, grinning at her.  "I wanted to make sure you knew how I felt about you...how I still feel about you...before it was too late."  Smiling, she threw her arms around him and held her close.  He returned her embrace whole-heartedly.

Wally and Artemis watched the whole scene unfold from behind a window.  She noticed he had one of his old speedster smirks on his face from when they were teenagers.  "Did you have something to do with this?", she asked with a curious smirk.  He put his arm around her, still bearing his speedster smirk.  "Maybe."