You Belong With Me

Consider this my entry for Lizardgurl one-shot contest!  Enjoy!  I do not own YJ, DC or any of Taylor Swift's songs.

M'gann was surfing the Internet on her laptop computer when she overheard Conner raising his voice.  She closed it and hurried followed the spund to the room in the Hall of Justice where others could peek into the interrogation room.  Conner was inside the interrogation room, yelling on his cell phone.

M'gann didn't have to read his mind to figure out who he was talking to—Fawn, his new girlfriend.  They had been dating for a whole month.  Ever since they had become an official couple, Fawn had done nothing but be a whiny little witch who complained about everything he did and threw a tantrum if he even breathed the wrong way.  Right now, she was chewing him out over calling her "Doe-Eyes", a name M'gann thought was cute and clever but Fawn detested.

You're on the phone with your girlfriend. She's upset.
She's going on about something that you said
'Cause she doesn't get your humor like I do.

Conner was frustrated, running his free hand through his hair and furrowing his brow.  M'gann couldn't hear him through the thick glass, but she could tell he was angry.  Finally, he hung up and collapsed onto a chair, tired and bummed out.

He heard a knock on the glass.  He looked up to see M'gann holding up a notebook, turned to a page written in thick black marker.  U OK?  Conner smiled weakly as he pulled out a notepad and red pen and scribbled something down.  He held it up for her to see.  Tired of Drama.  She turned the page in her notebook and wrote down something else.  Sorry :(

An idea popped into her head.  She turned another page and quickly jotted something down.  But she looked up, the door to the interrogation room was open, and Conner was gone.  She sighed and held up her message.  I love you.

I'm in my room, its a typical Tuesday night.
I'm listening to the kinda music she doesn't like,
And she'll never know your story like I do.

Sighing, she walked back to her bedroom, where she was playing classical music.  Back when she and Conner were still together, he loved to listen to classical music while they spent time together, reading a book, playing around, or even just enjoying each other's company.  Fawn hated classical music.  She preferred that junk that was all too popular with young people today, like Lady Gaga or Ke$ha.

M'gann thought about how Fawn used to be like her when they were teenagers.  She wore miniskirts and designer heels, and she was the head cheerleader on her college cheer squad.  That's probably why Conner liked her so much.  Fawn reminded him of the old M'gann, the one he had first fallen in love with.  M'gann looked down at her outfit.  She had on an old white T-shirt and dirty sneakers, and her cheerleading days were behind her.  No wonder Conner had lost interest in her.

She wears short skirts,
I wear T-shirts.
She's cheer captain
And I'm on the bleachers,
Dreaming of the day when you wake up and find
That what you're looking for, has been here the whole time!

But Fawn didn't know Conner.  She didn't understand him like M'gann did.  M'gann sighed and lied down, wishing with all her heart that Conner could see that she had been here all along, that he could realize he still loved her like she still loved him.  But that could never happen.  He was dating Fawn.  She closed her eyes and tried to sleep.

If you could see that I'm the one who understands you,
Been here all along, so why can't you see
You belong with me?
You belong with me!