Kidnapped

Just to let you know, I wrote this book when I was younger. There are a lot of errors. I am currently fixing them slowly so please forgive me.

This is a story about a girl who was kidnapped when she was 12.

I remember the day like it was yesterday, I was laying in my bed, then I heard the door open and footsteps coming in.  I ran to the door thinking it was my Mom.  I saw no one there.  I looked outside...

And as soon as I turned around a rag went over my mouth and everything slowly started to fade.  I remember getting carried into a van but then the guy put the rag over my face again. That was the last I could remember.

I heard a loud slam which woke me up I was in some sort of cell with three walls of cement and one with bars and a little hole not big enough to fit my body through at the bottom of the bars.  On the other side of the bars was a door. In my cell, there was a sink, a toilet, a toothbrush, toothpaste, a hairbrush, and a box full of my things from my room. I crawl to the box with my head still pounding. There was paint, paper, and books. 

I looked around. It's like they wanted me to feel comfortable here. There was also a mattress with 3 thin blankets folded on the side and a clock with the time on it.  There was even a small tv with a bean bag chair in front of it.  There was a big window with a window sill too. I noticed there was a lot of shelves on the wall. I climbed on to the window sill using the shelves as steps. There were bars on the window. 

I looked out the window. We were so high up. Like 30 floors. This was definitely not my hometown. This was a city. 

Then the door behind the bars opened. I looked at him. I slid off the sill and went to the farthest wall away from him. my heart was beating so fast.  He said, "relax, I'm not going to hurt you." He bent down to the small hole in the bars and slid in a happy meal.

" I thought you might be hungry." he grinned.

"Wh-what do you want from me?" I stuttered. I wasn't sure I how I was even able to speak.

He said, "I will tell later when you get used to this place."

He walked away.

I looked inside the bag - some fries, ( not enough), a bag of apples, and chicken nuggets (6), with a bottle of milk 2%.

I ate my food because for some reason I was more hungry than usual. I found a toy in the bag, it was a little smurf. I looked at it and then I put it on one of the shelves. I said to myself " Lizzy if you are going to live in this cell you are going to make it pretty". I was already talking to myself.

With white walls and white floors, I can not stand it. I pulled out the paint set and painted a flower on the wall then a person looking sad.

And so on.

I felt tired. I looked at the time, it was only 8:00.  The guy came back and looked at the wall. He didn't yell, " you know you have paper."

I looked at him "I will do what I want in here."

" You wouldn't say that to your mother now would you?"

"You're not my mother."

"No, but I'm your father..."

I was stunned, I never met my father.  He said nothing else but slid a pile of clothes in and walked away.

I looked at the clothes all pjs, and warm comfy clothes. 

I had a feeling I was going to be here for a while.

My mind can't wrap around the fact that I am kidnapped by my... Father.

In the morning when I woke up it was 8:00 and I thought if I was going to be here awhile I should make it cozy.  What am I kidding, I'm in a cell for god sake!!!  There is no way a cage can be cozy.  A few tears fall down my face when I think of all the days I will probably be in here. 

I watched for the guy that kidnapped me.  At about 8:30 he came, he tossed me a to-go box. Inside were pancakes...

I put them aside I asked.  "Can I have some syrup but not the cheap kind like the really good kind. It's like 2 bucks more but it's totally worth it. "

He looked at me like I was crazy.  "You want me to get you a bottle of expensive ...syrup?"

"Yep. Pretty much. After all, you're the one that kidnapped ME. So uh yeah, you can do a little favor for me. You kind of grabbed me a week before my birthday ."

"Just eat your pancakes, you little piece of work!"

He walked away.

Well, my plan B was working out a little. I had some plans for getting away.

Plan A: make a breakthrough if he ever opens the door.

Plan B: drive him so crazy he lets me go.

Plan C: dig My way out.

Plan C wasn't the most well planned out since we are on the 30th floor, but I needed a plan C.