David Bowie

Imagine requested by _hotelcalifornia76

February 21, 1972

You stare out the window and absentmindedly count the raindrops. Your face is red, eyes tired and puffy from all the crying you did over the traumatic happenings of today.
Your husband David sat across the room on the corner of yours and his bed with his hand holding his chin. His eyes are filled with sorrow as he stares at your back, hoping you'd turn around and go to him.
Until today, you and David were expecting your first child. You were three months along when you woke up this morning with blood covering the bed sheets; it was a miscarriage. You two had been setting up the nursery and it is just about done, but now there will no longer be a little baby Jones to occupy it.
"Darling..." David calls out to you. "You're so far away."
You don't respond. You don't really know what you're suppose to say, you just shake your head and wipe away the lonely tear streaming down your cheek. You suddenly feel a pair of slender arms wrap around your fragile body and a face finding its place in the crook of your neck.
"Baby Jones won't get to experience life..." You say as your voice cracks.
You hear a little sob come out of David's mouth and he kisses your shoulder.
"I know, my love, I know." The tone in his voice absolutely breaks your heart in two and you can't help but let out a sob yourself.
You and David stay this way for a little while, both not saying a word until you decided to break the silence.
"Benjamin Jones."
David looks up at you with curiosity.
"That's what I imagined our baby boy's name to be if we ever had one. Benjamin."
David's lips break into a little smile and you smile back.
"Benjamin Jones." He repeats. "What a wonderful name..."
Your smile suddenly falters and you look down.
"Do you think we'll ever have a child to hold, Davey?"
David turns you around and lifts your head so you are able to look him in the eye.
"Baby, I promise you, it will happen. And when it does, you are going to be the greatest mother a child could have and our child is going to love us."
He pulls you into him and he kisses the top of your head.
"It will happen."

Wowie, that was depressing!! There you go, m'dear, I hope it was okay-ish, I wrote this at 2am and I haven't really written much material in a while lol. I chose the song Her Diamonds by Rob Thomas because I love Rob Thomas and it's a sweet song written for his wife.  Lemme know what y'all think!!
-Alsie17