Chapter 22

AN

I was suppose to upload this tomorrow, together with chapter 23 ( the final chapter for this book).. but unfortunately... inaantok na ako at hindi ko natapos yung final chapter... 

I'll try to finish it ... and hopefully it will be uploaded tomorrow.... 

Yes! malapit na po itonng matapos.. konting hinga na lang... yung book na pinaka-aabangan nyo ng lahat! 

=)

BTW.... I have decided not to give Soft copies anymore... inaayos ko pa man din iyon.. so I can distribute it to those who want it.. but unfortunately. may mga nagdistribute ng SC without my consent... ganon.. ganon na lang pala yun.... 

SO... I HAVE DECIDED.... 

NO SOFT COPIES!!!!!!

Chapter 22

Chloe

I slowly opened my eyes, very much aware of all the pain in my chest and all over my body.

The room is dimly lit, I let my eyes adjust to the room before I looked around…

I’m in a hospital.

There’s a machine attached to me with lots of monitors.

What happened? Why am I here?

My throat feels like sandpaper.. I need water…

I tried to get up but I feel like all the energy is drained out of my body…  and this pain in my chest… it’s almost unbearable!

I tried to speak, but what that came out of my mouth was a silent groan…

“She’s awake!” that sounds like my mom…

I looked at my left side, she was just sitting there. Her eyes are full of tears.. tears of happiness? Tears of relief?

“Mom…… water….. “ I said, relieved that I can already talk even if it sounded like a croak. But I guess my mom understood for she stood up immediately and got a bottle of mineral water.

She opened the bottle and put a straw into it and helped me get up…

Getting up is so painful… I feel like I’ve been run over by a truck!

I drink a few gulps of water and it gave a relief but my chest is still giving me a hard time.

my chest….

I put my hands over my chest and felt a cold metal on top of it…

The pendant….. I looked at it …

Suddenly, it all came back to me.. the memories crashing to me like a tidal wave!

The kidnappers…

The goons...

My friends…

The guns…

Dyllan….

The last thing I remember was Sky shot the man behind me and I was falling to the ground!

“What ….. happened????”

I looked at my mom and tears are now falling down from her eyes….

She just shook her head and held my hands…. unable to speak.

Just then the door opened and Dr. Jin came in with a man beside him… His face is not familiar, I haven’t seen him before. He doesn’t look like a doctor… but what caught my attention is his grief stricken face… he looks worse than my mom… It’s like he never slept in days.