Chapter 20 a

Chapter 20 a

Chloe

Have you ever experienced something so terrible that you just wished that it never happened and all of it was just a very bad dream?

I’m fully awake now but my eyes are still closed and I refuse to open them, afraid of what I might see… afraid of my feelings… afraid of what had transpired was all true…

It’s been a week now and I know I’m in the hospital and my whole body hurts, especially my heart where I can feel the new stitches from my recent operation. I was wondering why I’m already awake, the last time, it took me 5 months to wake up…. Maybe it’s because of the cold metal in my chest….  My pendant  ….. it was placed just above my beating heart…

My heart?

This is not my heart……..

Even though my eyes are shut… I can feel hot tears streaming down…

I don’t have the right to own this heart!!!!

Just the mere thought of it tears me up into pieces…. and my mind keeps asking, why?

Why?!!!!!

If I can only turn back the time….. if only…..

ONE WEEK BEFORE

“Chloe, Chloe, wake up!”

I was in deep sleep… and a voice is continually calling me over and over again, until I was in my full consciousness…

I opened my eyes and looked around…

“Where are we?” I asked.

Madilim ang paligid.

It’s as if we’re in a basement or something… Then I noticed that I was lying on the cold floor.. I tried to get up.. pero ng itutukod ko na ang mga kamay ko para bumangon ay napansin ko na nakatali ang mga kamay at paa ko…

“What the! What’s going on here!“

Then it all came back to me… there were men who took us by force to God knows where! Nakaramdam ako ng takot….

“SHHHHHH! Ano ka ba! magigising mo yung gwardya!” I heard Alex whispering….

My eyes had adjusted to the darkness and I can see a silhouette of Alex trying to crawl beside me. Her hands and feet are also tied… I looked around, the room is full of dust and craps,  and from the looks of it, I guess we’re all alone in this room… somehow, that gave me a little relief.

“What happened? “ I asked again but this time I’m whispering…

“I don’t exactly know… but this is bad… this is really bad… they took my cellphone and there’s no means of getting help from the outside world… “ alex said irritated…

“I don’t have my cellphone either…. Oh gosh! Are they going to put us in ransom or something?”

“Not unless we get out of here before they did that…” She said smirking… Ibang klase talaga itong si Alex… we’re already in a very dangerous situation and still,, she has that confidence in her!

“Oh yeah… ummm… let me just remind you that we’re all tied up and you just said that the door is guarded, do you have a teleporting device that I don’t know of? ” I asked sarcastically….

“How I wish I have…. Unfortunately that project of Josh was put in the shelf when he concentrated on healing you… oh well…. you’re more important than that…. We just have to figure out how to get out of here…  “ sabi nya na lilingon lingon.. na para bang nag-iisip kung saan kami pwedeng lumusot.