Chapter 9

Natasha can say she has never been in an actual date. Sure, while she was undercover but never as herself.

"No need to be nervous. You look beautiful," Pepper said, fixing stray strands of her red hair. Natasha's eyes wandered down the body of her reflection.

A silky green dress hugged her pregnant form, giving the illusion that she had managed to stay fit throughout her pregnancy, her cleavage was almost completely exposed. A pair of diamond earrings glimmered on her earlobes, pairing well with the diamond necklace that adorned her neck.

"I'm pregnant and barely going on our first date," she muttered.

Pepper smiled, their eyes meeting through the reflection, "Everything will be okay. Now let's go, you have a man waiting for you."

______________

It's safe to say that Natasha had no idea where she was going and the blank expression on Happy's face or the gleeful one on Pepper's provided no help.

Her hand went over her bulging stomach. Strangely, her baby had been quiet that day, shifting inside her every now and they.

You're getting so big, she thought. Just two more months and she would be able to hold her child in her arms, something she thought was impossible.

"We're here," Happy said, opening her side of the door.

Natasha glanced at Pepper, "You're not coming?"

The copper haired female only smiled, "It's not my date," she spoke before Happy closed the door.

"Have a nice day Ms. Romanoff," Happy grinned, before driving off in the luxurious silver car.

She inhaled the cool night air to calm her bundled nerves as she took in the building before her. It was glass dome, the dark shadows providing no idea what was inside.

"Natasha?" a familiar voice said.

Right at the entrance the soldier stood, a black tuxedo tailored to hug his perfect form and a single hand outstretched to help her up the stairs.

"Steve," she whispered softly, her eyes meeting his blue ones. Her fingers slipped into his, never missing the spark that passed through their palms.

Steve smiled, "I'm glad you came."

A soft chuckle left her lips, "I can't stand you up on the first date," she spoke taking in her surroundings, "Speaking of... Where are we?"

He led her through the glass doors, an illuminated trail disappearing into the green thickness, "Oracle Botanical Pavilion."

She raised a brow, taking the arm that Steve offered her, "Why here?"

He only smiled, their footsteps taking them further into the dome, the soft coos of nature providing a rather serene environment.

"Here it is," Steve spoke, pushing a few leaves away from their path.

The first thing she noticed was the pink blossoms that bloomed, the trickle of water feeding it's roots. Grass covered the hills, a few patches of white flowers swaying with the wind. Further up the path was a table, surrounded by lamps, providing a rather romantic atmosphere.

"Wow," she gasped as she walked towards the clearing, hands outstretched as blossoms brushed against her skin.

A genuine smile stretched over her lips, her hands resting on her belly as she felt the baby kick. A warm body pressed against from behind, hands resting above hers.

"Do you like it?" Steve murmured into her ear.

The spy turned, wrapping her arms around the soldier's neck, their bodies swaying, "I love it."

*****

He felt like he knew her but at the same time he wanted to solve the enigma before him. He knew her quirks, the scrunch of her nose when she was conflicted, green eyes that seemed to hide a mystery.

After their dinner, hands clasped, slowly walking around the gardens and taking in the sweet smell.

It could've been anything that initiated the kiss, the soft chirps of the birds or the rustle of the leaves, but Steve knew better.

He held her as tenderly, not wanting to harm her or their child. He could feel her fingers slip through his close cropped hair, soft lips pressed against his, their tongues expressing the fervent feelings between them.

They pulled away, foreheads resting against one another, eyes never leaving each other's, "Natasha," he said breathlessly.

A slight dimple appeared on her cheek, "Steve," she murmured softly, their hands clasping around each other.

Being around her made him feel like a regular guy from Brooklyn instead of the super soldier he was created to be. They had spent months together, watching their child grow. Bruce had long told them that he could tell the gender of their child but both Natasha and Steve wanted to wait until the last moment.

"Steve," Natasha spoke louder, shaking him out of his reverie. That was when he noticed the pale pallor of her skin, the fear in her eyes.

His brows furrowed, "Nat? What's wrong?"

Her gaze fell on the ground as she shifted away. A puddle of water darking the smooth surface of the concrete. It was then that his mind registered what had occurred.

"My water broke Steve. The baby's coming."

Oooo it's here! Who can guess what the baby is going to be? A boy or a girl? :)
And thanks for the 1K reads on this book! ^.^
Till next time!
Vote & Comment!