Episode 25 - SHOT

Episode 25

Shot

It's the first time I felt the same again after I met Cha and the others. Before, I wonder why so many people hates Monday. I think it's because Mondays constantly reminding you of who you are and what are the things you need to do.

As I was walking toward the long corridor to my first period classroom I kept my eyes glued on the floor again. I bet old habits die hard. This is me. And this way is much easier for me.

I enter the classroom quietly and as expected there's still no one here. I usually come early to avoid gazes and placed myself at the back.

Since I still have 30 minutes before the instructor came I get my book inside my bag and started reading it. Little by little the classroom filled by students like me.

They're all chatting and sharing what they did last weekend and how devastated they are that the midterms is coming. Well, that goes the same for me.

I checked my watched and saw that our instructor is already 10 minutes late when the door opens and I was shocked to see Cha entering our classroom.

"Good morning everyone." Cha greeted us in a serious tone.

I saw her searched the room and as she spotted me seating at the back I almost hear her sigh in relief.

"I'm unfortunate to relay the sad news to you dear students. Ms. Samantha just passed away last night and we're on the process of selecting a substitute instructor that will fill her duties until this semester finishes. In the meantime please bear us some time and study the module she gave you on your first day of class. That's all. If you want to study in the library, you may go now but if you wanted to stay here instead, you can also do that. See you around." And with that she gave me a concern look and went out of our classroom.

It has been an hour since Cha left the classroom but I still can't move by the news she just feed us. I can still clearly remember Ms. Samantha and the episode I saw when I met her eyes. The news is bugging me until I heard my phone beeps.

Chastine: Meet us in the cafeteria dear. I'm so worried about you.

I hurriedly collected my things and went straight to the cafeteria. There I saw Cha, Eros, and Che seating in the table we usually occupy when we're gathering here.

I quietly sat next to Cha while everybody in the table were watching my every move. I looked at them gave them 'I-am-ok look'.

I saw Che and Eros let out a sigh of relief as I smile at them.

"We were so worried about you since I heard the news this morning. I remember you telling us about Ms. Samantha and the episode you had when you met her eyes. Are you sure you're really ok?" Cha said with an evident concern written all over her face.

I nod at her. "Sure, I am shocked by the news but I've been like this for 4 years already and hearing something like this that I knew will happen eventually is still a shock for me but not to the point I can't pull myself together. But there's still another one that I want to check other than Ms. Samantha because I have a suspicion that these two are actually related to each other." I told them while keeping myself to sound calm.

Then as if on cue, Cha's phone rang.

Her eyes furrowed for a moment before she answer her phone.

"Yes?" she stopped speaking and seriously listened to the one on the phone.

I saw how Cha's expression was change from calm to horrified.

We waited until the call finishes and as she end the call she looked straight at me with so much concern in her eyes.

There was a sudden pinch I felt inside my chest because I knew right there what's the news all about. I closed my eyes tightly and I felt Cha's hand over my cold hands.

"One of our student was shot dead last night and they are suspecting that Ms. Samantha actually did the crime." Cha blurted it out on us in a horrified voice.

I grasp her hand tightly.

I knew it.