One Night At Luna's - Part 8

Waking in my bunk, I stretched and smiled. We had eight more hours scheduled at the station and I'd promised to meet Pluto after breakfast.

I headed for the galley, but it was deserted. I vaguely remembered seeing the Catering Officer in Luna's, so I decided to skip breakfast, making do with just a coffee as I headed for the bridge. I could always order some food in Luna's.

The skeleton crew who'd manned the bridge as I slept were preparing their handover notes for their replacements. The replacement staff were trickling in, nursing hangovers and hurt heads. All except Lieutenant Commander Kuznetsov, who looked fresher than I felt.

"Orders, Captain Church?" he asked briskly.

I smiled. "At ease, Lieutenant. I'm off duty for another eight hours. You have the bridge until that time. We break orbit in nine hours, so make the most of it."

He nodded and stepped up to the captain's chair as I left.

As I rounded the corner to the airlock, I almost bumped into Kitty. We both jumped back and I took a moment to look at her dishevelled appearance. "Good night?" I asked.

She laughed and placed a hand on her chest. "Oh, that it was." She sighed deeply, her smile growing wider. "I'll need a full shift's sleep after a night like that. One night at Luna's and I never want to go to another pub again."

I wished her a restful sleep and watched her walk stiffly down the passageway. After a moment, I remembered my bet with Andromeda. I wanted to be able to collect my winnings when I saw her next. "Which bloke did you spend the night with?" I called after Kitty.

"Both of them, of course!" she called back over her shoulder as she kept walking. "I think I'll see if I can get some ice from Catering before I turn in. One hell of a hot night."

I felt my jaw drop as I headed out the airlock. Did she mean she'd spent time with both of them over the course of the evening, or both at the same time? Was it even possible to have two men at the same time? I shook my head. Of course it was possible – it just required a little creativity.