One Night At Luna's - Part 4

"You were very friendly with the bouncer," Kitty remarked, sipping her cocktail.

I laughed, savouring my vodka. "Pluto's the bar manager. He works the door when it suits him or when it's necessary. Look, here comes trouble." I turned to see my crew trooping en masse into the pub.

The band launched into another rendition of The House Rules. The dance floor was empty, so I might have been the only one who noticed their repetitive set.

Kitty and I moved to a table away from the bar as the rest of the crew drifted to tables or the bar for drinks of their own.

The Morale Officer – I couldn't remember his name – downed his first drink in one gulp. He did the same with his second and third, before swiping his lips with the napkin. He strode across the empty dance floor  with more purpose than I'd ever seen on his face.

I watched, curious, as he approached a group of men sitting 'round a table on the edge of the dance floor. I saw a lot of skin and hard muscle, but very little clothing. I looked harder and caught sight of one bloke wearing some very tight hotpants that left very little to the imagination.

I didn't glance away quickly enough – one of them saw me staring. It took barely a moment before they were all returning my stare. Every one of them spread his hands in an offer and I realised why they were dressed in so little. I dropped my eyes and politely shook my head with a smile.

"Hey, I'm not gay, orright?" a loud voice shouted. "Push off!"

My eyes shot back to the group, just in time to see the tipsy Morale Officer try to stroke another man's chest. Muscles moved in that chest as an arm was drawn back and the Morale Officer lost any morale he might have had as the well-placed punch connected with his jaw.

None of his shipmates seemed to want to admit to knowing him, so I sighed and set my drink down. I reached the unconscious man the same time as Jupiter did.

"Get him to the nursing post," I directed.

"Yes, ma'am," he responded, lifting the officer over his shoulder. As Jupiter carried him out, I saw the not-quite-unconscious officer's hand squeeze Jupiter's backside. Jupiter simply grunted and kept walking.