Chapter Twenty Eight

Sorry for not updating. I know that updating is good for a story but if you could be nice about it? I mean the more rude you make it sound the less I want to write. Plus, I'm extremely busy. I have to maintain TWO college level classes as a freshman in high school, including all Honors in my other classes, Study my Spanish, practice my flute, go to all my skating and marching band practices, and make sure I maintain A's. I understand you all want updates but my future and life are more important than a story that I'm writing for fun. Okay... so enjoy this update.

-

Chapter 28

Marisa's Dream-

I awoke laying in a field of flowers looking up at a clear blue sky. Suddenly the scenery changed, the flowers wilted and turned into black dust, the sky started to turn a grayish color. The next thing I know is I see a figure, I couldn't make it out. I looked closer trying to make out the person. They started to walk towards me. I could finally make out who it was...it was my mom. She had a black hair, light gray skin and haunting black eyes. This wasn't the mom I knew...

She began to speak with a raspy tone, "Marisa, you are not being fast enough! You must find them or face the greatest danger of your life! You don't have much time!"

She disappeared. I began to hear my mother's voice singing a song.

"Are you, are you

Coming to the tree

Where they strung up a man they say murdered three.

Strange things did happen here

No stranger would it seem

If we met up at midnight in the hanging tree.

Are you, are you

Coming to the tree

Where the dead man called out for his love to flee.

Strange things did happen here

No stranger would it seem

If we met up at midnight in the hanging tree.

Are you, are you

Coming to the tree

Where I told you to run, so we'd both be free.

Strange things did happen here

No stranger would it seem

If we met up at midnight in the hanging tree.

Are you, are you

Coming to the tree

Wear a necklace of rope, side by side with me.

Strange things did happen here

No stranger would it seem

If we met up at midnight in the hanging tree."

(NOT MY POEM. yes I now its from THG)

I woke up gasping for air. The Hanging Tree. Something is hidden at this Hanging Tree.... but where is the Hanging Tree?

I looked over at my clock, 7:34. Andy needs to know this. I ran out of my room and raced to Andy's room quietly running down the stairs avoided being heard. When I got to his room I slowly opened his door and peaked in, he was sleeping. I tipped toed over to his bed and laid down next to him facing him. He's eyes fluttered open and stared at me with a confused expression.

"Marisa?" whispered Andy.

"Something is at the hanging tree. The problem is, I don't where the hanging tree is..."

~

Comment and Vote for more.

Comments and Votes make me want to write more :) <3