Chapter One (EDITED)

! EDITED !

Chapter 1: 

Marisa's POV-

I've always been the kind of girl that never seemed to feel normal. I never quite fit in. Elementary school was bad, middle school was worse, and now high school...It's well just high school.

My name is Marisa Rutter, the sixteen year old daughter of Fabian and Nina Rutter.

My father, who is originally from England, moved to America so he could be with my mother. I had a quite unique childhood. My father is a Egyptian Mythology professor at a prestigious college. He usually had me read mythology books then watch cartoons on the televison. My mother, who is a famous Science Fiction author, had me reading so much it's crazy. She wrote this series called, Sibuna. It's about high school students that go on dangerous journeys and end up saving the world a few times. It's a bestselling trilogy around the world, but mostly in England and America.  

To be totally honest... I don't feel normal... I feel like my parents are hiding something from me. Like I'm not just an average America teenager like I'm something greater.  

~~~ 

It was an early Sunday morning, around seven o' clock. I was busy packing my suitcase because I forgot to last night. My parents are shipping me off on a plane today to some fancy boarding school they went to. I really don't want to go...but what ever makes them happy.  

"Marisa?" called my dad, opening my bedroom door.

"Yeah?" I mumbled. I zipped up my suitcase and set it to the side of my bed. 

"Your mother and I are very proud of you Marisa," He said, his voice sounding tired and distressed over something. My dad turned his head, then called out for my mother. "Nina!"

My mom walked into the room, her bare feet dragged against the carpet as she walked in. Her eyes were red and puffy, like she had been crying. I could tell she had been crying too, due to her cheeks being stained from tears. 

I got worried from the emotion my mom was giving off, "Mom? What's wrong?" 

She wiped a tear from her eye, "Sit down your father and I have some things to tell you."

I sat down on my bed as I looked up at my mom and dad. “Guys...If this is about the B+ in World History, I promise I swear I'll due better in England.”

My mom shook her head, “No...it's not that Marisa.” She let out a sad sigh, like something pained her, her head turned towards my dad. “Fabian, why don't you tell her.”

With a groan, my father began to talk, "Marisa, this may be hard to understand. But, we are your parents so please trust and believe us....Jake and Ellie and all their friends from your mothers books are not fictional. Jake is based off of me, Ellie is based off of Nina, and all the others are our friends. And," he paused for a moment then continued, "and what happened is true." 

My mom spoke after my dad finished his sentence, "Honey the Anubis House is real, so is the danger inside of it."  She took a deep breathe and wiped her tears. "I am the Chosen One, and the house has told me that you are destine to stop the danger that is coming," She opened her hand revealing a necklace, The Eye of Horus, she put it over my neck, "It is your duty to stop the evil that is approaching us." 

I didn't say one word., just ran out of the room.

My mother ran after me, "Marisa! You don't have a choice!" She shouted grabbing onto my shoulder

"Mom, I don't care. I don't want to be the one the house picks! I want to be normal for once in my life! I want to be a normal teenager!" I exclaimed, shooing her hand off of me.

I sat on the stairs on sobbed, it was silent for a moment then my mom started to speak. "You're not the only non-normal one, you will have friends to help you with this mystery."

My dad soon joined my mom at her right side. Lifting their hand up, they stated the word, "Sibuna.”

I smiled remembering the name of the group in my mom's books. I put my right hand over the right side of my face, then uttered the word again, "Sibuna."

There was a long silents in till I decided to speak up, "I promise I'll get Sibuna back together and stop the evil that is approaching."

My dad smiled, "C'mon lets get you to that airport."

~~

After a forty-five minute drive to the local airport, I said my goodbyes to my parents and got on the plane to a long ride to England.