Valentine's Day

After having a few days off, Alex and I had decided that we would of course go home. Taking advantage of this time off, I decided to sleep in a bit. Alex did too, but he had gotten up and gone downstairs and put a dozen of regular red roses in a vase and brought them back upstairs and put them on the nightstand next to my side of the bed, before quietly getting clothes and heading into the bathroom to shower, letting me sleep in as long as I wanted to. It's not until about fifteen minutes later that I start to stir, reaching out for him only to find him gone. That's when I start to open my eyes and see something next to the bed. I rub my eyes a bit, so I can see better and once I can see better I notice a vase full of roses. I'm wondering how they got there since they weren't there last night first of all, and second of all I couldn't help but admire how pretty they were. While I was looking at the roses, I didn't hear the shower shut off or the door open a few minutes after that. It wasn't until I felt something on my cheek that I take my eyes off the flowers. "There you are."

"Here I am." He chuckles. "Happy Valentine's Day." He grins. "That explains the roses. I forgot that was today."

"It does." He nods. "How could you forget a day like this?"

"Well...it's not a day I always looked forward to."

"Why is that?"

"Because I didn't really get anything. It's one of those holidays that make single people feel horrible. And that's what I was like for years. Every year I dreaded it."

"Well, now you're with me. This is going to be one of your favorite days of the year. I'll make sure of that."

"You're already starting."

"Good. This is only the start too. Today is all about you and nothing else. Whatever you want, you'll get."

"I have a sense I'm gonna be spoiled today, more so than usual."

"You got that right. You deserve every bit of it too."

"When did you get the roses anyway? I never saw them so you were clearly sneaky about it."

"I had them delivered this morning."

"As I said....sneaky."

"I am." He grins. "Just wait. That's not all either."

"Oh boy."

"No hints. I want to you see everything on your own."

"More gifts hmm?"

"I don't know. You'll have to find out."

"I have a feeling there are more."

"Hmm...you'll see soon."

"Soon. But right now, since you weren't here when I woke up....I missed the cuddle time."

"That's exactly what I was thinking." He chuckles, climbing next to me on the bed. "I was about ready to cuddle with your pillow because I didn't know where you were not too long ago."

"Aww." He grins. "I'm never too far away from you. I'd never leave without telling you or leaving a note first."

"Oh I know. I had just woken up and wasn't aware of where you were that's all."

"I'm sorry. I figured you would still be sleeping by the time I got done."

"It's okay."

"I'll either be quicker next time or wait for you to wake up."

"No it's alright. I was mesmerized by the roses anyway."

"I'm glad you like them."

"I really do." I nod. "Good." He tugs me closer to him. "So what's the plan for the rest of the day?"