What must be forgotten

Prom

I looked at my reflection nervously.  I was wearing a baby blue gown that hugs my body to perfection, with skirt that flows freely and ended above my knees. 

I haven’t spoken to Travis since that day he told me he was taking me to prom.  Apparently, I found out later that Trip had been making bets with his friends about who will be able to deflower me at prom.  I said yes to Alex, who was more than willing to do the job that Trip was supposed to do had I not caught him on top of that cheerleader.  It was all a bet for him.  Alex was cunning enough to use flattery and poetry to lure me into his lair.  They were bantering about it in the locker room, cheering that prom is the day.  Trip was apparently cajoling Alex into taping the whole thing to make sure he will not cheat on their bet.

The whole campus must have known their evil plans.  I’m pretty sure that had Alex caught our fornicating on tape, there will be a scheduled film showing.

Travis must have just finished gym class and overheard Trip and Alex.  He got furious and was not able to stop himself from demonstrating his martial arts skills to Trip and Alex.  Alex wanted to complain about the whole thing but Trip was still on probation and he didn’t want further trouble.  So Travis got off the hook.  Not that he won’t be able to do anything about it.  I’m pretty sure one phone call from his father to the school’s board will erase the whole drama from being on his record.

I was a hot topic on the campus social networking site again, and the subject of most lunch table talks. I told myself I would be out of this hell soon.  I couldn’t wait to go to college and start fresh.

I stared at my reflection again.  I didn’t put on much makeup.  I didn’t want to overdo myself.  This is Travis, after all.  He’s seen me at my worst.  I was not trying to impress him.  If he hasn’t changed his mind about tonight, I didn’t want him to think I was trying to look pretty for him.  He’s got more than half the girls on campus already doing that for him. 

But that didn’t stop me from buying a fresh pair of Victoria’s Secret undergarment.  I was wearing a light lavender night gown and string bikinis underneath.  I didn’t know what to buy but Cindy suggested it looked classy and just a little bit sexy.  If Travis (or any guy for that matter) will see me beneath my clothes, I would at least want to look elegant and classy.

I showered in chamomile and jasmine bath oils for like an hour.  I applied the same scent of lotion and the same scent of perfume.  I was sure I smelled sweet, innocent and clean… not that it was the first time I ever bathe in floral oils.  I do it at least thrice a week anyway.  I like to smell nice… even for myself.  Collecting perfumes is my fetish.

I curled my hair and tied them in a bun at the top of my head.  Some tendrils are escaping to frame my face.  I looked simple but nice.  I am not planning to catch any attention tonight.  Two days is not enough to make people forget about the locker room fight that Alexander and Trip had with Travis Cross.  In fact, two days is not enough to make anybody forget any show of emotion from Travis Cross.  If he isn’t such a hottie, he is almost the campus outcast, as he seems so uninterested in any highschool drama.

I am not sure if he really meant he will take me to prom.  If he doesn’t show up, I won’t come to prom at all!  Not after slapping Alex in the face and telling him that he needs to find a new prom date quickly.