Switching Classes

Two weeks before Prom

Campus

Trip and his girlfriend were almost suspended from school.  It turned out they couldn’t dress fast enough to hide the evidence.  Rumor has it that Trip still has a condom on his thing when they were escorted to the Principal’s office.  He was not expelled, but he was kicked out of the basketball team.

I’ll bet he was furious with me.  I can see him throwing daggers at me whenever he sees me walk the corridors.  I was devastated, but I refuse to let people see that I was crying.

“I’ll destroy you, you bitch!”  A familiar voice whispered behind me as I was putting my stuff back in my locker.

I slammed my locker and turned to face him.  “Wow.  Losers do love company.”  And I turned and left.

Prom is two weeks away.  I am dateless, and needless to say, I’ll still be a virgin by then.  But then I think Trip’s plans of deflowering me on prom was not something I should be looking forward to anyway.  I guess I should say goodbye to my daydreams and fantasies of losing myself in bed with a man in a romantic kind of way.

Maybe this time, I should be cynical.  Maybe I should take control so guys will not run me over.  The problem with me is that I trust too much, too soon.  Every boy I go out with will save me from the shame of being unmarriageable as per my family’s tradition.  Every guy is a Prince Charming.  Every single one of them a knight in shining armor.

“It’s not a big deal, sis.”  Cindy said to me.  “Just have fun out there.  I lost my virginity to my brother’s best friend, in my parents’ bed, and everything was just the way it was.”

“I’m going to take control.”  I said.  “I will not let these high school boys run me over!  I will go out, if I like the guy and things got a little bit cozy, then I guess… that’s it, huh.  I think I over-fantasize things.”

Cindy shrugged.  “No biggie.  Don’t make such a big fuss over it.  It’s just sex.  You gotta know what it’s like, what to expect.  Just do it and get it over with.  Doesn’t mean you’ll end up marrying the first guy you’ve been with.”

“Now, I guess I only need to worry about who’s taking me to prom.”  I said.

There were guys who tried to make conversation with me all of a sudden, knowing what happened with Trip and finding out that Trip and I are over.  I was still heartbroken.  I still felt that none of them was ever good enough to replace Trip.  Well, the Trip that I fell in love with anyway.  Not the real Trip who was hiding beneath the angelic disguise.

I was hurt by what Trip did, and I hated him so much, I wanted to get back at him!  I wanted to show him that he was wrong to do that to me.  That he was wrong to think so lowly of me,

I dropped French class because I was having it with Trip.

“You need to replace this subject with something with the same credit or you won’t graduate.”  My adviser told me.