Funeral Preparations (24)

< - - - - - - PLEASE COFAMOTE :D>

Enjoy this chapter!! So excited to get over 5000 reads!!! :D wow! Thanks u guys so much <3

Once again : PLEASE LET’S TRY MAKE IT BACK ONTO THE WHAT’S HOT LIST!!

Copyright©2011JodieFrankenAllRightsReserved

(*_*)(*_*)(*_*)(*_*)

Lymmington Heights.

Chapter 24 : Funeral Preparations.

Lea was inconsolable, feeling betrayed and deceived. She spent a full four and twenty hours or more sitting at her father’s side crying, sobbing, praying hoping to reverse everything that had happened. She had been fasting too, herself feeling rather weak and drained.She was furious at her mother and brother for complying with his wishes and lying to her. She’d wished they’d have told her the truth. She’d have spent her last few months entirely differently.

Through all the pain though she resolved to do one thing: She was going to make all her father’s wishes come true regarding both the heights, and herself. She’d discuss it with his attorneys and bring his visions to life. 

After some time her servant, Susan came in,

“Madame, Lea. Please I think you ought to have something to eat.”

“I’m not hungry, Susie dear. “

“Madame, please. The mistress of the home has ordered that you be fed. Comply, I beg you.”

“She lost the right to order me and you about when she lied to me. I will mourn in any which way that I please. Is that now clear?”

The servant was rather shocked at this outrageous behaviour. The young madam had most definitely grown and matured since her departure. She smiled inwardly, since the day of the young maiden’s birth she’d eagerly awaited the day she’d run the show. She nodded politely adding

“As you wish, Ms Lourden,” as she exited the room.

Lea was pleased. She was absolutely about to turn things upside down, and change the heights from what it’s always been know. She heard some hushed speaking outside before a quiet knock was made on the door, which had been closed.

“Enter,” she commanded. “Oh it’s you,” she added annoyed when she saw who’d entered.

“Lea we’re sorry,” her mother said softly, her brother nodding at her side.

“Why did you do it in the first place?” She wasn’t budging.

“Don’t you see we were just trying to protect you, Lea. It was for your own good.”

“I know it was. But it was wrong! You let me leave him while he was dying. I wish with all my heart that I’d never left home.” She broke down in tears again.

They gulped guiltily.

“We knew you’d be crushed by his pain, Darling. We didn’t want you to see him so sick.”

“That doesn’t make it right. Please excuse me. I have business to which I must attend,” and with that she walked out of the room in which her father lay for the first time since he’d died. They stared after her, having nothing more to say. . .

 Lea made sure she’d invite only close family friends to the funeral, as they’d be most genuinely concerned about the death of her father so she set to work on the invitations:

Dear Recipient of this note.

The family Lourden, Residents of Lymmington Heights consider you a close friend and would greatly appreciate you attendance of the funeral of their husband, father and head.