Return of Bachelor Past

< - - - - just click it ;)

Copyright©2011 Jodie Franken

Enjoy it :) x

(*_*)(*_*)(*_*)(*_*)

Lymmington Heights

Chapter 18 – Return of  Bachelor  Past

A week or so had passed since Lea’s arrival at her aunts home. Ellie had since given her much advise, and was dying to meet Lord Atcherson – although, she still favoured Harry currently. Much persuasion would be necessary to change her mind, which could be rather strong when need it be.

“Lea,” she called cheerfully, “C’mon let’s go to town?”

“Ah, Ellie. I’m really not feeling myself much today, can’t we go tomorrow?”  Lea whined, not feeling great at all.

“No,” the sergeant-major-like-Ellie appeared, “You need it. Get yourself up, and get done we’ll be on our way within the next quarter of an hour,” Ellie commanded.

“Yes, ma’am,” Lea responded rather sarcastically crashing her head back onto her pillow.

She felt awful, so sick to the stomach but unable to put her finger on a cause. Her head spun, and her stomach felt empty. She slowly and unwillingly lifted her body from the bed and went to the washrooms to freshen herself up a little. Splashing some cool water on her face she felt a tad bit more alive. She did all the necessary doings of the morning ritual and finally went to put on a dress.

“Lea? C’mon. We want to go before thanksgiving,” Ellie yelled

“I’m coming.” Lea responded rather emotionlessly.

◘◘◘◘

“No. I don’t like it.” Lea said about the dress that Ellie was holding. She hated that vomit-like mustardy-olive it needed to be one or the other, a mixture in this regard didn’t work.

“Gosh, Lee. You’re so fun filled today.”

“I told you, I feel like a cow patty,” Lea said.

“I’m sorry. Should we stop and get you something to eat or drink?” and immediately Lea’s stomach turned at the thought of anything entering it.

“No thank you. I don’t need anything yet. Let’s move to the next store.”

So they did.  Ellie dragged her into LnG’s Evening Attire.

“Ooooh,” Lea’s cheeks gained some colour, “This is my type of clothing El.”

“Good. Because we have a ball in two nights from now, and you will be choosing a new dress  with which you can attend the ball.

“I can’t accept that, Ellie. I have packed my best ball gowns in. I don’t need a new one,”

“It’s an order Lea. We’ve all put something in, and together it will make you a beautiful dress.”

Lea hugged her cousin.

“You didn’t need to Ellie. I owe you now.”

“You owe me nothing, but to be present at the birth of my child. We want to do this – for you.”

She battled to choose only one  out of the hundreds of classic and elegant dresses in all sizes, colours and styles – but eventually decided on the perfect dress  (a/n: more detail  in the chapter of the actual ball).